Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Nov 17, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile Waterparks Help...

Hello fellow Dibbers.

In need of some help if possible, we are heading to Orlando next October & will be visiting the Waterparks, I've recently had a 3rd operation on my foot, the problem I have is that it's in a fixed position so I am unable to get about with no supports in my trainers, the question I have is... do the Disney parks allow you to go on the slides with any kind of footwear? I've been on touch with them & even though it's a lovely email back, it doesn't help with the query I made! Sadly Universal Studios have said for Volcano Bay it's a flat out no to any kind of footwear on their slides, so being the man of the house the lazy river calls me! 😂

Any help is very much appreciated from you guys!

Much Love

Disney Bobby.
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

Although I don't have a fused foot I can't walk any real distance without orthotics. My experience is at the Disney parks you could wear footwear on all accept the single body slides ( summit plummet, humuga kawabunga etc)

Once you get to the body slides you will need to take footwear off but you can hold them in your hands going down them. I went down summit plummet with my water shoes on my hands it look silly but I can walk around the park pain free.

Volcano bay and aquatic are a bit different. For the body slides you will have to leave the footwear before you go up the towers which if you rely on orthotics can be painful. There is no option given to you to hold the shoes in your hand going down slides. But the raft rides your still good with footwear.

I should say I used water shoes that I adapted to have an orthotic built into the factory insole. I did not try lace up running trainers or simerlar.

Edited at 09:46 PM.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 17, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
Although I don't have a fused foot I can't walk any real distance without orthotics. My experience is at the Disney parks you could wear footwear on all accept the single body slides ( summit plummet, humuga kawabunga etc)

Once you get to the body slides you will need to take footwear off but you can hold them in your hands going down them. I went down summit plummet with my water shoes on my hands it look silly but I can walk around the park pain free.

Volcano bay and aquatic are a bit different. For the body slides you will have to leave the footwear before you go up the towers which if you rely on orthotics can be painful. There is no option given to you to hold the shoes in your hand going down slides. But the raft rides your still good with footwear.

I should say I used water shoes that I adapted to have an orthotic built into the factory insole. I did not try lace up running trainers or simerlar.
This is a huge help! Thank you very much, it can be quite painful also when I walk, I'm still in recovery from my 3rd operation but I can't say for sure of I'm going to be able to get around the Waterparks as easy, it doesn't help matters that my right leg is slightly longer than my left also! Again, this has been a huge help to me & I can't thank you enough for the reply, gives me a sense of direction now! 😀
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List