Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Nov 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That was the original plan but it's my wifes first time going and I thought DC would be a lovely treat so I've already purchased them...that's why I'm thinking SW and Aquatica as they're already purchased and it leaves (with careful planning) to be able to purchase the rest through undercover tourist and save quite a bit of money compared to UK prices due to them being different tickets (i.e. Buy 3 days universal and 5/6 days Disney rather than 14 days each.) Savings are staggering and can actually just about pay for the DC ticket
b00110908 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The problem with buying only the minimum days is if you loved a park and wanted to head back for an extra day on one of your free days, you're left with no choice than to pay the gate price on the day. Which is over $100 each at all WDW parks - almost completely wiping out the savings against buying UK tickets in the first place. Also do your plan as it stands, you'd need a park hopper to fit it into 5 days because of your two half days - so you'd need MYW+Hopper which is about £340 for 5 days. Or you'd need to allow an extra day to use the cheaper (£300) non-hopper tickets.

The UK Ultimates are £400, with a chance Disney might discount them next month as they did last year for this year's tickets. Last year they reduced them 25% which would bring them down to about the same price as the non-hopper MYW tickets, plus you'd get Memory Maker included on that which I think would be a great add-on considering it's your wife's first trip.

I'm assuming the same would apply at Universal (especially if you plan on going in the evening after other parks as mentioned - you might need more days entry than you think using this method) but I don't go there so not familiar with their pricing structure.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hi
I think most parks are doable in a day, definitely HS and AK .
You will save a lot of time if you don't visit the shops that are at the end of each ride
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I wouldn’t do all those parks in the time you have but that’s personal choice based on multiple visits. Some of my best holidays have been when I’ve cut down the number of parks visited and had more relaxed times at the ones I did do.
That said if you get to the parks early and make good use of FP at Disney you can get loads done. Park hopping will make that easier but more expensive.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Great info everyone thanks!
I'm definitely waiting to see about Disney discounts - it makes such a massive difference to the price of a trip getting tickets that are discounted.
Great point about the shops at the end of rides too - I'll need to tell the Mrs lol!
Old 26 Nov 17, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

It is a lot to fit in.
I used to go to Florida loads as a kid - probably been 8 or 9 times but I looked at this trip as it may be a one-off (would love to go back lots more but possibly looking at exploring the world a bit more in the next few years. I tell my wife we can explore the world at Epcot but she says it's not the same!)
As we're viewing this as a possible one-off I wanted to fit in as much as possible. Plus if you stay busy at parks then it saves you shopping and spending lots of $'s!
Old 26 Nov 17, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
The problem with buying only the minimum days is if you loved a park and wanted to head back for an extra day on one of your free days, you're left with no choice than to pay the gate price on the day. Which is over $100 each at all WDW parks - almost completely wiping out the savings against buying UK tickets in the first place. Also do your plan as it stands, you'd need a park hopper to fit it into 5 days because of your two half days - so you'd need MYW+Hopper which is about £340 for 5 days. Or you'd need to allow an extra day to use the cheaper (£300) non-hopper tickets.

The UK Ultimates are £400, with a chance Disney might discount them next month as they did last year for this year's tickets. Last year they reduced them 25% which would bring them down to about the same price as the non-hopper MYW tickets, plus you'd get Memory Maker included on that which I think would be a great add-on considering it's your wife's first trip.

I'm assuming the same would apply at Universal (especially if you plan on going in the evening after other parks as mentioned - you might need more days entry than you think using this method) but I don't go there so not familiar with their pricing structure.
I don't know the pricing structure on the MYW tickets, but would be easy to look up , but I'm not sure the first sentence above is correct. I would have thought if you bought say a 4 day non- hopper, you could upgrade while there to a 5 day hopper ( or whatever new ticket you wanted ) just paying the difference between the official " rack rate" of the two ticket types. Disney definitely used to let you do that , I'm sure they still will, as long as you upgrade before your original ticket has " run out"
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I don't know the pricing structure on the MYW tickets, but would be easy to look up , but I'm not sure the first sentence above is correct. I would have thought if you bought say a 4 day non- hopper, you could upgrade while there to a 5 day hopper ( or whatever new ticket you wanted ) just paying the difference between the official " rack rate" of the two ticket types. Disney definitely used to let you do that , I'm sure they still will, as long as you upgrade before your original ticket has " run out"
You're right, I always forget about upgrade options. These may be available, although I'm not sure how it works if you've already used all your days as it's effectively then an expired ticket. Could be an option if you knew you'd need more days part way though.

I still say hold out for a sale on the UK 2018 tickets though - the normal MYW tickets aren't going anywhere, so no need to buy them very far in advance.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List