Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Nov 18, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
FLORIDA2001
Excited about Disney

MVMCP from Disney All Sports

Staying onsite and have tickets for this event. We have a car but wondered whether to use the transport on site to get to Magic Kingdom.

I have heard that the transport is good but can take a while as the bus picks up from the other Disney All hotels and therefore can take awhile. Anyone got any advice .
FLORIDA2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
espn1
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

The bus does not always pick up from the other All Star Resorts. I think time saved overall travelling by car is not that much. The resort bus drops outside Magic Kingdom, whereas having a car, you need to go to TCC and then get the ferry or monorail.We just got back from All star Sports last month. Had no car and had no issues with the transport,
espn1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Most of the guide books recommend that Magic Kingdom is the one park where a car is distinctly not recommended for the exact reasons espn1 states above. You end up spending time waiting for either boat or monorail anyway, so don't save much if any, and may lose out. Having taken both car and bus, I can agree with them.

We also stay at all star sports over the other all stars, It's cheaper than movies, and it's also the first bus stop when busses are being shared. As above, if a bus fills up at sports then it will radio base to send another for the oter all stars and head straight off to whichever park is appropriate.

Also if you are on the bus and are so inclined, you can have an adult beverage or two.
Old 10 Nov 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
FLORIDA2001
Excited about Disney

Thank you as you can see not long for us now so this is helpful.
FLORIDA2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List