Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Nov 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
The Bairn
Serious Dibber

BA Avis 7 for 5

Worth a quick check if you are looking to book just now.

I've been looking for a while and and haven't booked as the prices for 16 nights over 4th July have been a lot higher than I've had previously.

Having seen a price I was fairly happy with, I was just about to pull the trigger, but thought I would give one last try through my long list of suppliers that I check, and found Avis through the BA site has 7 nights for 5 on just now.

It's came out as 16 nights for a Group W at just over £400, the cheapest by far (I prefer only using Alamo or Avis in the States).

Full size cars were £340ish and convertible £501 from memory, so maybe worth a browse at the moment.
East coast USA since '92 - Rosen Centre, Wyndham, Marriott World Center, Championsgate Villas, Peabody/Hyatt, Hyatt Grand Cypress, Yacht Club, Beach Club, WDW Dolphin, Animal Kingdom, Gran Destino, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific, Sapphire Falls, Key West, Hollywood Beach, Miami, St Petes, Sandpearl, AMI x24, Caribbean cruises, Smokey Mountains, Nashville.
The Bairn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

This offer has been running for a long time, even better if you split a 14 day hire into 2 rentals then your price even drops lower, this system was used by many in the past and it still works today.
so you book car 1 for first week take car 1 back to where you choose on booking and collect car 2.
It saved us £200 on our last booking
Old 15 Nov 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
This offer has been running for a long time, even better if you split a 14 day hire into 2 rentals then your price even drops lower, this system was used by many in the past and it still works today.
so you book car 1 for first week take car 1 back to where you choose on booking and collect car 2.
Very smart! Well done.
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
We did this last year, it worked a treat and saved us a few hundred as well! I loved our first car (an upgraded Suburban) so really didn't want to change but they let me keep it for the 2nd rental. Very straight forward, signed a new agreement and another swipe of the CC I think we were out in 15 mins! This was the Avis desk at the Embassy Suites

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
We did this last year, it worked a treat and saved us a few hundred as well! I loved our first car (an upgraded Suburban) so really didn't want to change but they let me keep it for the 2nd rental. Very straight forward, signed a new agreement and another swipe of the CC I think we were out in 15 mins! This was the Avis desk at the Embassy Suites
It actually still works, but ATM there is also an extra £50 OFF
Old 25 Nov 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for suggestion to look at BA, I have finally managed to book a group "S" car (ford explorer or similar) for 3 weeks in may 19 for £629. Very happy with price, although I could have split the 3 weeks booking into two bookings of 2 weeks and 1 week for £591 but I didn't fancy the hassle of returning the car to either MCO or another more local AVIS site, rather have a hassle free holiday. Got a free extra driver as well as a BA exec club member. Strangely the price shown on-line for the booking was £629 yesterday , but today it was £740, rang up BA and she checked price and quoted that she was getting £629 on her system... strange , but all booked anyway. Car quoted on the email is a "Medium : Standard e.g. Chevrolet Traverse or similar. This model is not guaranteed. Transmission type : Automatic" strange size quoted, but seems to be a 7 seater beast.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geordie_jim View Post
Thank you for suggestion to look at BA, I have finally managed to book a group "S" car (ford explorer or similar) for 3 weeks in may 19 for £629. Very happy with price, although I could have split the 3 weeks booking into two bookings of 2 weeks and 1 week for £591 but I didn't fancy the hassle of returning the car to either MCO or another more local AVIS site, rather have a hassle free holiday. Got a free extra driver as well as a BA exec club member. Strangely the price shown on-line for the booking was £629 yesterday , but today it was £740, rang up BA and she checked price and quoted that she was getting £629 on her system... strange , but all booked anyway. Car quoted on the email is a "Medium : Standard e.g. Chevrolet Traverse or similar. This model is not guaranteed. Transmission type : Automatic" strange size quoted, but seems to be a 7 seater beast.
It really is no hassle we took car back it took 5 minutes and we stayed in the same car, we had a choice change or keep.
In and out and save over £200.
But I suppose your saving was not that great, it does depend on where you pick to change over the prices vary.

We have booked ours with our flights this time and it worked out £235 for an SUV group w ford edge 2 weeks