Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jan 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Stay compliance email hoping someone can help

Good evening dibbers. I awoke yesterday to an email from u.s customs and border protection stating cbp hopes I have enjoyed my stay in the u.s and that my admission expires in 10 days. I had a fab time but returned home in October! I’ve just trawled the customs and border protection website looking for info and called. I was asked which u.s city I left through and stated Miami I was then given a number for the deferred inspection site who would be able to help. When I called I was told by the agent she had received 4 like calls today, she did not know who had given their number - I did tell her. She went on to say she did not think there would be a problem with me entering the US and that she was sorry but couldn’t help me and then hung up! Anyone else ever experienced this or able to sign post me? Thanks in advance
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Scam or IT error? It is not a premium number it asked you to dial was it?
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Scam or IT error? It is not a premium number it asked you to dial was it?
No it was from the official site
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

Assuming this is genuine, I would take it seriously. I have read of people in the past who, because of computer problems etc, were not recorded as having left the US, so according to their official records they think you are overstaying, which is illegal, so they could deny you entry (or arrest you) next time you try to visit. If there is an error, then you need to get it corrected, which will no doubt involve hassle.

I don't know what the correct way to do this, but you need to go through the official channels. I have just googled 'deferred inspection site' as I hadn't a clue what that is - it is a site where they correct errors at the port of entry only. You have an error at the point of exit. Therefore she was correct - they can't help you - you were given the wrong contact. I would expect you would have to provide documentary evidence, so it would need to be done in writing, rather than over the phone. Good luck.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

I have attempted to go through the official channels calling firstly customs and border protection where I was told to call the deferred inspection site in Miami, which I did as stated above and was told by the agent she had received 4 like calls today as stated above. I have also logged a question on the cbp website so fingers crossed they reply. Thanks for the good luck I really do need it!
Old 9 Jan 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
You can check your previous visits online.

I think this is the right link:

i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Spencerfamily
Excited about Disney

I could be completely wrong, but I seem to recall there is a part of the CBP site where you can check that they have your exit recorded- think it may be this (but please if someone more knowledgeable knows, correct me!)
i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home#section
OP- have you checked to see if their records say you have left, just incase the email was a hoax, or did they verify that on the call?
Good luck, although, I am sure with your airlines records etc they can confirm that you are, in fact, back home!
Spencerfamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Spencerfamily
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
You can check your previous visits online.

I think this is the right link:

i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home
Too slow at typing, copying and pasting- you beat me to it! Reassured that I may have found the right site though
Spencerfamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

I have already done this and it shows I have exited. Our trip this October was pre clearance through Dublin. We left Dublin and 3 hours out we turned back as the pilot had hit some run way lights, we eventually travelled the next day and returned on our scheduled flight. I am thinking the original flight pre clearance is what is creating my issue!
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

My ex was recorded as not having left the US, he was detained for almost 2 hrs on entry the next trip. He had to get a visa for the next trip - this might be because there was 5 years elapsed between his last trip though.

Definitely follow the homeland link above and contact them.
returnplanning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List