Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Oct 17, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

TS at Epcot - any reviews in the last 12 months?

I am excluding signature options, Akersus due to princesses, Teppan Edo as we didn't like it, Coral Reef as we tried it and we enjoyed it but want to try something else.

Also did Tutto Italia and Biergaten and loved both but open to try new things.

Dinner, 2 adults and 1 10 year old, with DDP but don't feel the need to maximize value

The Garden Grill
Biergarten
Rose & Crown Dining Room
Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria
Tokyo Dining
Chefs de France
Tutto Italia
La Hacienda de San Angel
Spice Road Table
Restaurant Marrakesh
San Angel Inn Restaurante
Coral Reef Restaurant
Nine Dragons Restaurant
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Barneyblue
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
I am excluding signature options, Akersus due to princesses, Teppan Edo as we didn't like it, Coral Reef as we tried it and we enjoyed it but want to try something else.

Also did Tutto Italia and Biergaten and loved both but open to try new things.

Dinner, 2 adults and 1 10 year old, with DDP but don't feel the need to maximize value

The Garden Grill
Biergarten
Rose & Crown Dining Room
Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria
Tokyo Dining
Chefs de France
Tutto Italia
La Hacienda de San Angel
Spice Road Table
Restaurant Marrakesh
San Angel Inn Restaurante
Coral Reef Restaurant
Nine Dragons Restaurant
We ate at the rose n crown on Sunday. Excellent meal excellent sevice. We had 7 45 adr , made for illumination's , got to desk just before got patio table and had perfect view. Meal was lovely. Two adults n 10 yr old. Veggie curry bangers and mash and kids steak n chips. Oh smoked salmon n leek n potato soup to start . We would go back.

St Petes 1991
Comfort Suites MGE Kissimee Oct 2003
AKL Easter 2006
POR Oct 2017

Edited at 02:48 PM.
Barneyblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 17, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Via Napoli seems to get excellent reviews on here, but we've never tried it. I'm not a fan of pizza or Italian in general so I guess that's why!

Of all restaurants in Epcot, we've eaten and Akershus (which you've ruled out and honestly, I wasn't that fussed...)

Rose & Crown which was so-so. Lovely server but I think we were one of the last tables to be served dinner that night and had a long wait for a table so had to watch Illuminations between dinner and dessert, and we felt like we were in the way of their cleaning whilst eating dessert. It hasn't made it onto our ADR list since and won't be on it next year.

One you haven't listed, possibly as it's 2 credits, is Le Cellier. We ate there last year and loved it, and so far, even at 2 credits and lots of other places to try, it's still on our list for next year.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 17, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Chef de France always on our list, as for le cellier better options for 2 credits,yachtsman,narcoosses ,Cali grill.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

I ate at garden grill recently and was shocked at how much I enjoyed the food. It's not fancy stuff but it was all very tasty. Service and character interaction were also fab, and who doesn't want to eat in a rotating restaurant?

dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 17, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

We went to Garden Grill for breakfast and Chefs de France for dinner in August and enjoyed both.
Breakfast at GG is platter style and nice, you can ask for more if you want and we got plenty of interaction with the characters.

It was our 2nd visit to chefs and we weren't disappointed again, on the ddp they offer a 3 course menu alongside the standard entree and dessert. I had the 3 course and had the French onion soup as a starter it was lovely and almost a meal in itself. A few people asked for a window view so they could see illuminations they just had to wait a bit longer to be seated but got what the wanted.
Old 25 Oct 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

We ate in The Rose and Crown but thought it expensive for what it was. Food was excellent as was service though.
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We did Via Napoli last September (okay so 13 months!) and it was so so lovely! I can't wait to go back next year!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 17, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

We ate at both Via Napoli and La Hacienda. Food was lovely on both occasions but I'd say I preferred La Hacienda, it really was a yummy meal.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 17, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Via Napoli was lovely , rose and crown the fish made us ill , it was rank . Garden grill is fantastic and We have la hacienda booked this time because of the reviews . I had chefs de France booked but they changed the menu to linguine which just doesn’t sound appealing with beef, mash and I would have been sold .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List