Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Oct 17, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
JLC
Proud to wear my Ears

We ate in the Biergarten for the first time this visit.

We all really enjoyed it - buffet German food and some interesting entertainment the kids loved.

However, it was expensive! But definitely worth a try with DDP.
Disney Magic 2018 (Fjords), Disney Magic 2019 (Fjords properly this time)
Paris - NB, DLH, NY, DCR
JLC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 17, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are in nine dragons this year and really enjoyed it. Also are in chefs de France but we wouldn’t go back, we really didn’t like it. We had to send our food back as it had been out too ling, it was cold and the pasta had went hard. When we got our second lot out it was just tasteless.
We have eaten in beirgarten in the past and really enjoyed it as well.
Old 26 Oct 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JLC
Proud to wear my Ears

Just a note on Biergarten is that they sit you in small groups, like an Oktoberfest. (Banks of 8 mostly) So you could be sitting with 'strangers' - but we didn't mind and was interesting talking to someone else.

Not sure if you can avoid this.
Disney Magic 2018 (Fjords), Disney Magic 2019 (Fjords properly this time)
Paris - NB, DLH, NY, DCR
JLC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

We loved eating at EP, so much choice and lovely atmosphere after dark.

We enjoyed Teppan Edo.

We watched the fireworks whilst having dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel - they asked if we wanted to move tables for dessert as one had opened up with a better view.

Nine Dragons was a surprise hit with the teens. I can't remember why we didn't have a dinner reservation that day, but this was pretty much the only one with availability, so we went for it. Food and service were great.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MEZZA
Imagineer

MEZZA's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
We ate at Toyoko Dining in September, my DD is a huge fan of sushi and this was her choice. Both my DH had the Bento Box which we both loved, DD had 2 plates full of different sushi rolls, she says they were delish
I’ve got a photo of the Bento Box

MEZZA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Chef Dr France was really good. Good food and lovely cast members.
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

This is such an interesting thread. Adr day for us is Wednesday and I am not at all sure if we are making the right decisions! We have rose and crown on list but a lot of bad reviews...I fancy via napoli but not sure! Fussy kids 😑
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
apple-fan
VIP Dibber

apple-fan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Going against the general opinion here, we have eaten at Via Napoli on 3 occasions, the first was amazing..great service and food. The 2nd occasion and again this year was very poor, food was warm not hot, service was not great... We really wanted to like it again, but after this last visit we will return.

Disney Old Key West - August 2013
Disney Old Key West - August 2014
Disney Old Key West - August 2015
Disney Old Key West - Sept 2016
Disney Old Key West - Oct 2017
Disney Beach & Yacht Club - Nov 2019
Port Orleans (Riverside) - Nov 2023
apple-fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyDisney7
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did Via Napoli a few weeks ago and it was lovely. The main course was delicious, really tasty. At one point I thought I was going to freeze to death in there though due to the air con (which we asked if it could be turned down and the waiter broke the fan above us trying to do so). We actually skipped dessert just to get out of there. Take a cardigan / jumper!

Also did Garden Grill for breakfast. Really tasty and plentiful and the characters were great.

We were on the dining plan so not concerned about overall cost.
LoopyDisney7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 17, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s closer to 18 months ago than to 12 (sob) but we ate at La Hacienda last trip and liked it. Great view of Illuminations, and the corn soup was to die for. We ordered the wrong main course (the tacos) so that was disappointing but other plates of food I saw coming out looked great so I would return.

I’m pretty much in the no camp for Via Napoli. I definitely wouldn’t go for a relaxing evening meal (it’s SO noisy) but might go back for a lunch. We found the dining plan confusing there too, a lot was off limits. The pizza was the best I’d had at WDW (ie better than the quick service pizzas) but I’m not in a rush to hurry back.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List