Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Nov 17, 03:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Malinki
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile The most annoying thing about Disney Scran...

...having to try and eat half a chicken or ribs etc with plastic cutlery.

Is it even possible? I think I would have more luck using a straw.
Slinky Malinki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

We had the steak meal at the American pavilion in Epcot last time and whilst it was nice enough the paper plates and plastic cutlery spoilt it for us.
Old 12 Nov 17, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I always pick ribs up and munch!
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I found the paper straws in iced drinks to be really annoying, the straw inevitably collapsed in on itself and I couldn’t finish my drink! I’m sure that paper straws are better for the environment than plastic ones, but they need to use some common sense and not put them in drinks that take 15 minutes or so to get through! And maybe start using wooden cutlery rather than plastic- it’s hardier and biodegradable!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Gob smacked to hear people are not just using their fingers
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
fatboytez
Very Serious Dibber

I'm with you dx4100.
fatboytez is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
I found the paper straws in iced drinks to be really annoying, the straw inevitably collapsed in on itself and I couldn’t finish my drink! I’m sure that paper straws are better for the environment than plastic ones, but they need to use some common sense and not put them in drinks that take 15 minutes or so to get through! And maybe start using wooden cutlery rather than plastic- it’s hardier and biodegradable!
At AK this is so plastic ones don't male their way into the animal enclosures and cause issues. But if US drinks were a bit more UK sized then you'd probably have time to finish before it goes soggy

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
This happened to us twice in AK and we just gave up.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Get ready then as Disney is looking to introduce more environmentally friendly stuff throughout all parks. AKL is the leader and they are looking at in the impact now , hence more recycling bins appearing etc. It’s eyewatering how much stuff is wasted at Disney , especially plastic forks etc.
The worse thing about Disney food imo is the actual food. The quality has gone downhill so much. Over salted Lamb and cous cous at bog only deserved the bin anyway. Liberty tree was The best meal we had, I cancelled so many adrs this trip. Had fabulous meals offsite.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 17, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by stan_the_man View Post
At AK this is so plastic ones don't male their way into the animal enclosures and cause issues. But if US drinks were a bit more UK sized then you'd probably have time to finish before it goes soggy
I was thinking back to the signature slush drink in Skipper Canteen and the frozen chai I had in AK. I wonder if any of the gift shops sell bendy straws? :P
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List