Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Nov 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

How long will tusker character breakfast last?

Hi,

I have Donald tusker breakfast booked on Thursday at 10:45 but my first fastpass afterwards for FOP is 11:15-12:15

Will I be ok or should I cancel the breakfast? It's our first and only character breakfast so not sure if they take longer?
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

You should be fine as you can be out of most of their restaurants in under an hour, but I would look to see if you can schedule it any earlier. Failing that, turn up around 10:30 and see if you can be seated early.

Also mention to your server when you're seated that you have the FP to see if the characters can come around to your table quickly. Depends where in their rounds they are, you might see them within minutes anyway.

Edited at 07:56 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
You should be fine as you can be out of most of their restaurants in under an hour, but I would look to see if you can schedule it any earlier. Failing that, turn up around 10:30 and see if you can be seated early.

Also mention to your server when you're seated that you have the FP to see if the characters can come around to your table quickly. Depends where in their rounds they are, you might see them within minutes anyway.
Ok great thank you. Think I'll get there slightly earlier and mention it then. What's annoying is I had a breakfast at 9:25 and moved it to 10:45 because we wanted a more relaxed morning as we're in AK all day to watch ROL too.
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I agree get there a bit early and explain... the characters on our last visit there took quite a while to work the room ... and try the glazed ham it’s delicious!

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Definitely get there early. We find character meals take around 90 minutes if you want to get the full experience, see all the characters properly and not feel rushed. It’s an expensive meal if you’re paying oop you really don’t want to rush it
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Thankyou all. Just once again looked on modifying my reservation and a spot at 9:45 came up so I've switched to that instead.

I had already received an email earlier today confirming my early reservation time that I changed days ago. Think this is ok to ignore?
My MDE is showing the time I chose last, the correct time.
Old 15 Nov 17, 03:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Malinki
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

75 minutes should be enough.
Slinky Malinki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We we t on a whim on our last visit, thinking an hour would be enough, but it wasn't - we only saw Donald. Much better to leave more time.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Based on our experience last year longer than you might think. The characters stopped to do a dance mid way through service, then one or two went for a break, presumably to get a drink. WE had long finished our meal before we saw all of them, we insisted on waiting given the whole point was a character meal for our 4 y/o. WE found Chef Mickeys was much slicker with the characters
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 17, 04:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Thanks all. I managed to have breakfast meet all characters and make fast pass no problem. Also they changed our standard reservation to dining package too! It was our one and only character breakfast we loved it!