Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Nov 17, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Malinki
Being a bit Goofy

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium next to US/IoA

We have had a week DDP and checked into RPR this morning for the first part of our Universal fix.

Anyway, decided to try The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium for a late dinner/early tea.

Comfortably the best food I've had since being out here and a reasonable cost. Went for the chicken bourbguignon for my main and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've no idea who the woman dressed up was, or the robot, that came round the tables and interacted with us and the kids but they were superb. Really funny and an unexpected bonus. It's a fun and quirky setting as well.

I think it also helped that it was quiet and relaxed, as was IoA, after a week of Disney madness. Nice to take the foot off the pedal a bit.

If you're still reading - give it a go.
Slinky Malinki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
nickimiz
Imagineer

We popped in here when we were at universal the other week, didn't eat at the restaurant just a quick cake - which was lovely !
Old 15 Nov 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
We really enjoyed the meal we had in there a few weeks ago too.
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

I'm pleased you say the food is good... we went here in August ... we had a poor experience... ordered milkshake for Eva and a glass of vino for me... they came really quickly and the shake was really fit... the waiter said he would come back in 5 to take our food order... after an hour had passed with empty glasses and even emptier tummies still nobody came to take our order despite me flagging down several passing staff members... in the end after an hour and 20 minutes we just got up and left. I would like to go back and try again next year though as the plates of food coming out around us looked really good! This kind of thing happened to us 2 or 3 times out in Disney also... I travel on my own with my 10 year old daughter and we usually don't get the best seating as a two and we often find we are overlooked service wise when bigger tables get a lot of attention (understandable). Had a proper lionel in 50's prime time too where we were seated and nobody came to even greet us for ages. Eventually got our starters and no word of a lie one minute later our mains came out. No apology. No interaction at all the waiter never once returned to our table (we had so wanted to be insulted too) and we were in and out less than 30 minutes after our starter arrived. Having said that I did speak to the manager and they were brilliant.. gave us some fast passes and also they got a CM to take us over to Star Wars Launch Bay and took us straight in to see the characters and gave my daughter a free pin with her name written in Star wars language... so we were secretly pleased about the bad Prime Time experience as the pixie dust we were given was ace.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We ate here a week ago, after having enjoyed it last year. It was just as lovely this year and as you say, great value. $60 for 3 mains, 2 puddings, drinks and a 20% tip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Glad to hear you enjoyed it! We ate there twice on our trip in May and had really good experiences both times. Lovely food, friendly and helpful staff and super tasty desserts! The woman that comes around made me laugh when I first saw her! I read the story bit about her in the front of the menu, had a good laugh at that, if you go back make sure you read it! I can't remember it exactly but apparently she's a woman who's addicted to chocolate? Something like that!

Edited at 12:44 PM.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
zantebaby
Excited about Disney

We had a milkshake from here... was amazing!

zantebaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

We had a good experience here in May too, food was excellent. My son has celiac disease and the chef came to the table and asked him what he would like, he chose a dinner and it was made for him. This has been the only restaurant where his meal came to the table with everybody elses. I couldn't praise this place highly enough.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Hi, we are wanting to go during our next visit in May - do you know if you can pre-book?

Thanks
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
Hi, we are wanting to go during our next visit in May - do you know if you can pre-book?

Thanks
No, I don't believe you can.

If you go & ask for a table at the front podium and there's a longish wait they will take your number and text you.

We had a 1.5hr wait once when it first opened so went next door to the Hard Rock cafe for a drink.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List