Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jan 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

On the basis of that, if I wasn't already tied in, then I would go elsewhere.

1. The policy will greatly inconvenience customers and there are plenty of rivals that do accept cards. I do not even have a cheque book.

2. It would make me wary of using the company. Are they in trouble?

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lynda
Imagineer

Lynda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would not be using them if I couldn't pay with my debit or credit card.
Old 19 Jan 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I paid my deposit by debit card I think but when I called up (a few months ago now) to pay off part of my holiday they said to pay by bank transfer so I am not sure it is that new a policy. I have checked recently and they do have my payments and it has been set off against my holiday.
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lynda View Post
I would not be using them if I couldn't pay with my debit or credit card.
+1. It's a lot of money to spend without getting the protection a CC affords.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
stink08
Very Serious Dibber

i said the same thing this week, although my email stated that there were no charges for debit card charges! A few replies on this thread are now making me feel slightly nervous about paying our balance off! After speaking to the owner after i complained about the charges she explained about the charges and to be honest i did say that i would do a bank transfer, and i feel a bit bad for her, but this tread has now made me question myself about it again!
Old 19 Jan 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
I can't do anything about it now. I have however checked and they are still members of ABTA so at least there is some protection.
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Originally Posted by stink08 View Post
i said the same thing this week, although my email stated that there were no charges for debit card charges! A few replies on this thread are now making me feel slightly nervous about paying our balance off! After speaking to the owner after i complained about the charges she explained about the charges and to be honest i did say that i would do a bank transfer, and i feel a bit bad for her, but this tread has now made me question myself about it again!
What were her reasons for the charges?
Old 19 Jan 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
stink08
Very Serious Dibber

sorry it was more about not wanting cards to be used so they didnt end up passing card charges costs to customers a different way like a basic admin charge which would then effect all customers not just the ones who were paying by cards!
Old 19 Jan 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
For the customer, paying by credit card adds security in case they go into administration
That's one of the reasons I always choose to pay the deposit by CC.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Just found this in their terms and conditions:

SECTION C
In respect of all bookings PLEASE NOTE When any of the payment is received against a corporate or business credit card an administration charge of 2.50% will apply, or by a corporate or business debit card a 1.25% administration charge will apply, and will be made on the total ATOL receipt/invoice.

For all bookings made before 18th July 2017 the administration charge for a debit card will remain at 1.25% and for a credit card will remain at 1.95% on the total ATOL receipt/invoice.

I can't find anywhere where it says you can't pay by credit/debit card although if it is a new policy then perhaps they haven't changed the wording yet and it doesn't specify what happens if you have booked after 18th July 2017.

Edited at 03:07 PM.
Closed Thread