Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 May 18, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
welsh wizard
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
I wonder if its the Canada trip, I presume he has a Visa for that? Only guessing to be honest you are probably best to ring them x
Thanks it’s just so frustrating!
Old 12 May 18, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by welsh wizard View Post
Eldest DS who is 25 and been travelling for many years, no-where that the USA don't like just the usual USA, Australia, NZ, Canada, Europe and China. He is going to Canada in November for 2 years and has all that sorted already. Anyway got all our estas sorted and his has been declined We can't think why but after looking online I wonder if it is because his passport was issued in 2009. If that is the case does anyone know if he can get a new passport and then reapply for his esta or does he have to go down the visa route?
Has he ever flown into Sanford and if so can you remember the date (exact as possible please)
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Has he ever flown into Sanford and if so can you remember the date (exact as possible please)
What difference would that make?

It maybe that his name (not him)has been put on some list since the last time.

Or possibly that his passport has been cancelled or marked as lost in error. It’s happened to me and a colleague.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
What difference would that make?

It maybe that his name (not him)has been put on some list since the last time.

Or possibly that his passport has been cancelled or marked as lost in error. It’s happened to me and a colleague.
If the last trip to the USA involved flying into Sanford between certain dates (can't remember when they were atm) and left via Sanford he will have been marked as an over stayer due to a software bug

So to answer your question to me if he still has the same passport then it could make all the difference.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
welsh wizard
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
No we always fly virgin into MCO
Old 12 May 18, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Double check everything was answered correctly, easy to make a mistake, Hope you get it sorted
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by welsh wizard View Post
No we always fly virgin into MCO
I will be interesting to see what others opinions are on this. If he has previously travelled on an ESTA linked to this passport (as you say he has) and not had an issue then as long as he hasn't commited any offences (which i beoieve could include traffic violations) then as others have said maybe there is confusion with someone of the same name.

When you/he completed the ESTA - as others have asked - are you sure...

You didn't answer yes to any of the questions and

Did you somehow reference the two years he will be spending in Canada?
Old 12 May 18, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I've spent yearning Canada and never had a problem with an ESTA it us unlikely to be this.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Maybe it is to do with his visa/work visa that has been issued for Canada.
Old 12 May 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Maybe it is to do with his visa/work visa that has been issued for Canada.
I suppose it's possible but last time I checked the US were pretty good friends with Canada...

I know hundreds of people who are British, living in Canada on visas that have no issue whatsoever with entering the US either by land on the VWP or by air via ESTA.

So whilst it could be the OPs sons Canadian plans if it was he would be bring treated very differently to most others in the same circumstances

This is more likely to be similar name to someone on a watch list, a stupid mistake filling out the form or a result of some misdemeanor he hasn't told the parents about that he hoped had disappeared

It would be worrying for all those travelling on air transat via Toronto if the USA started denying access if you visited Canada
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List