Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Oct 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Last Sunday they hit capacity, so had about 40K in the park. Wed and Thurs of this week was a lot quieter with most houses around 50 minutes

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Thought id would share my personal feedback, after returning from HHN for this years 2018 event as felt some may share my views...…

Is it me, or was this year just awful when compared to previous years?

I will share why I feel this way...

The houses/theming was repeated yet again this year and its starting to get like a broken record. From Blumhouse which was used in 2017 to then be used again in 2018 and then Trick R Treat, again used in 2017 to be then used again this year!

Its becoming a bit like the Walking Dead that was used year in year out, from empty/bare scare zones this year, next to no theming around the park and chainsaws chasing you around again for the 5th/6th year running!

Its getting so boring and tiresome and I am starting to feel that Universal either cant be bothered, don't want to bother, don't care and are just after an annual HHN event from a business perspective as a money making enterprise.

I hate to be too negative, but is it me or is it getting worse every year and yet they are charging more and more money for it?

And finally as for that show Academy Of Villians Cyberpunk!

What was that all about? Replacing a hugely popular show that ran for over 20 years that was funny, entertaining and loved by many with a show that was loud, aggressive, deafening and characters spitting on the floor because they were shouting so much and stamping their feet so hard on the ground next to guests, it made the structure shake!

Im am sorry, but there are no other words for this show, it was total sh*t

I hate to say it, as I love HHN I really do, but feel this year Universal have really let themselves down, it was just awful.

How do you feel it went? I will be interested to hear your feedback/views and what others have to say about it?

I respect if others did like it, but this is how we personally felt and everyone is obviously entitled to their views without prejudice I feel, its only respectful after all.

Edited at 03:01 PM.
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cameroon95
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by jessandjon2005 View Post
Thought id would share my personal feedback, after returning from HHN for this years 2018 event as felt some may share my views...…

The houses/theming was repeated yet again this year and its starting to get like a broken record. From Blumhouse which was used in 2017 to then be used again in 2018 and then Trick R Treat, again used in 2017 to be then used again this year!

Its becoming a bit like the Walking Dead that was used year in year out, from empty/bare scare zones this year, next to no theming around the park and chainsaws chasing you around again for the 5th/6th year running!

Its getting so boring and tiresome and I am starting to feel that Universal either cant be bothered, don't want to bother, don't care and are just after an annual HHN event from a business perspective as a money making enterprise.

I hate to be too negative, but is it me or is it getting worse every year and yet they are charging more and more money for it?

What was that all about? Replacing a hugely popular show that ran for over 20 years that was funny, entertaining and loved by many with a show that was loud, aggressive, deafening and characters spitting on the floor because they were shouting so much and stamping their feet so hard on the ground next to guests, it made the structure shake!

I hate to say it, as I love HHN I really do, but feel this year Universal have really let themselves down, it was just awful.

How do you feel it went? I will be interested to hear your feedback/views and what others have to say about it?

I respect if others did like it, but this is how we personally felt and everyone is obviously entitled to their views without prejudice I feel, its only respectful after all.

I've been around 5 times previously and the last time we went in 2011.

We were both actyally really dissapointed this time.

Mainly because of how busy it is thesedays, universal seemed to have gotten greedy regarding letter more people in.

We had a much more refreshing time at howl o scream this year, its far less busy and reminded us of how HHN used to be back in the day so to speak.

The theming this year was pretty thrown together aswell to be honest and totally agree with you regarding scare zones- they were all terrible.

I see people raving about vamp 85 and Killer klowns and I really think some people seem to drink HHN coolade as they seem to love everything universal do regardless of quality or scare factor. Both of these zones were terrible and not what I would expect.
cameroon95 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by cameroon95 View Post
I've been around 5 times previously and the last time we went in 2011.

We were both actyally really dissapointed this time.

Mainly because of how busy it is thesedays, universal seemed to have gotten greedy regarding letter more people in.

We had a much more refreshing time at howl o scream this year, its far less busy and reminded us of how HHN used to be back in the day so to speak.

The theming this year was pretty thrown together aswell to be honest and totally agree with you regarding scare zones- they were all terrible.

I see people raving about vamp 85 and Killer klowns and I really think some people seem to drink HHN coolade as they seem to love everything universal do regardless of quality or scare factor. Both of these zones were terrible and not what I would expect.

Yes, I must admit when I read a reply to one of my other posts (cant remember where I read it now) saying how Americans get totally wasted on half a bottle of bud light, did amuse me!

Im glad you felt the same way though, im happy it wasn't just me then, because it was just dire and agree with all of your comments
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jessandjon2005 View Post

Missed HHN this year but my DD did not. Her verdict OK but more of the same as you said.

Her feedback on Busch Gardens for the the Halo Screams was interesting. She said it was on a different level if you want a few frights. From a scare viewpoint she said Universal was like Disney for kids with a lack of scares especially with the conga chain going through the houses. BG on the other hand only let people in the houses in small groups to ensure scareators were back in place and was several levels higher at getting scares. Even on exiting a house they would catch you out or as you were walking along after exiting. In her view BG is not for anyone who has a heart condition whereas US if fine for all. So she said she was not sure if I'd be able to go And at only $30 entrance a much better experience in both scares and finances. If you really want a scary experience with some unforced screams she said this is the one you need to go to and not HHN.

As an example in Patient zero in HHN she said no scares that caught them out. A similar experience in BG had them looking at the body on the trolly but then suddenly something come out from underneath the trolly and caught you out. She was horse after the night with screaming but did none in HHN.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Does anyone know when HHN LA tickets go on sale?
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wembleygal View Post
Does anyone know when HHN LA tickets go on sale?
There's a few on sale already, like the buy one get one night free, but I'm holding out for the 2 week universal pass with HHN included, if they do it again that is
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry, I completely misread I didn't realise you meant Hollywood
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Does anyone know when the “buy one get one free” night ticket offer ends? We’ve got annual passes and wanted to see what the offers would be in comparison!
Old 24 Mar 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Last year it ended just before the multi day tickets were released in early June. We are AP holders too and get about $30 off a frequent fear (Sun - Thurs) with Express Pass as we go about 5 times and only do a couple of houses at a time.

We're expecting the FF tickets to shoot up on price this year as it's on for so much longer

Edited at 11:21 AM.
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List