Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 23 Oct 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Loyalblue
Getting to know the DIBB

Shuttle bus or transfer to disney from Reunion

Hey everyone,

Planning our 1st trip to Florida next year.

We have hired a larger seater car / bus but there is 3 days when we go to SeaWorld parks my sister wants to go back to Disney for more days with her 2 kids which is far enough.

We are staying in Reunion Resort an I believe from estimations online an Uber X with a car seat for 4yo from villa to Disney is 32usd so perhaps £25.

So saving £50 aside for a separate round trip herself those days could cost £150 for 3 days she goes to Disney by Uber.

To hire a car would be £400 then parking fees on-site + petrol and she isn't willing to drive anyway.

But my question is there a better or cheaper option to get from Reunion to Disney herself other than lyft, uber, taix?

From what I believe reunion resort doesn't have a shuttle bus, but from looking at other villas I found The Encore Club to have a free shuttle bus service to Disney. I don't know the difference between the two resorts or whether it's a free jump on service or not or how far away that actually is.

Does anybody here have any suggestions pleasee?

Thanks so much
Loyalblue is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

The only part I can help with as we have a place on Encore is that when my wife and son used the free shuttle bus to Disney they had to pre-book stating our address here, so no it’s not just a walk on if you were to turn up. Although Encore and Reunion are close by each other and are part of the same company, they are run separately and visitors to Reunion don’t have the use of Encore facilities.

Edited at 07:41 PM.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Loyalblue
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks for the reply Steve.

Its' starting to look like Uber or similar is the only other option then in this case. Thanks anyway.
Old 24 Oct 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Loyalblue View Post
Hey everyone,

Planning our 1st trip to Florida next year.

We have hired a larger seater car / bus but there is 3 days when we go to SeaWorld parks my sister wants to go back to Disney for more days with her 2 kids which is far enough.

We are staying in Reunion Resort an I believe from estimations online an Uber X with a car seat for 4yo from villa to Disney is 32usd so perhaps £25.

So saving £50 aside for a separate round trip herself those days could cost £150 for 3 days she goes to Disney by Uber.

To hire a car would be £400 then parking fees on-site + petrol and she isn't willing to drive anyway.

But my question is there a better or cheaper option to get from Reunion to Disney herself other than lyft, uber, taix?

From what I believe reunion resort doesn't have a shuttle bus, but from looking at other villas I found The Encore Club to have a free shuttle bus service to Disney. I don't know the difference between the two resorts or whether it's a free jump on service or not or how far away that actually is.

Does anybody here have any suggestions pleasee?

Thanks so much
Speaking as a Reunion owner... Reunion does have a 'shuttle' - but it is a very expensive private taxi service! Reunion guests are not able to use Encore facilities - they are completely separate resorts.
When we travel with our girls and they want to go to parks when we don't they use Uber. Your estimate is possibly a little on the high side, but we have only never paid more than $25.
Hope that helps
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Loyalblue
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Reunion View Post
Speaking as a Reunion owner... Reunion does have a 'shuttle' - but it is a very expensive private taxi service! Reunion guests are not able to use Encore facilities - they are completely separate resorts.
When we travel with our girls and they want to go to parks when we don't they use Uber. Your estimate is possibly a little on the high side, but we have only never paid more than $25.
Hope that helps
Thanks. The estimate I got was $19-22usd but then adding $8-10usd on top for a car seat option for 4yo.
Old 25 Oct 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Loyalblue View Post
Thanks. The estimate I got was $19-22usd but then adding $8-10usd on top for a car seat option for 4yo.
Yes - that sounds about right (we haven't ever needed a car seat so can't comment on that option). It's roughly 8 miles to the west gates (depending on the route the driver takes) and then depends on which park you're visiting.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List