Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Oct 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Yay - Just done Alamo skip the counter.

We're booked through Virgin Holidays.

So i went to the site on the sticky and entered my booking reference with name etc (booking ref on top right of alamo voucher in the virgin holidays ticket bundle) and it was pretty easy. Took a matter of 3 minutes and used the details on my credit card but no charge.

Voucher now printed with the bar code on.

So i basically now just grab my stuff and go to the garage?
Old 28 Oct 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
We're booked through Virgin Holidays.

So i went to the site on the sticky and entered my booking reference with name etc (booking ref on top right of alamo voucher in the virgin holidays ticket bundle) and it was pretty easy. Took a matter of 3 minutes and used the details on my credit card but no charge.

Voucher now printed with the bar code on.

So i basically now just grab my stuff and go to the garage?
Bar code is all you need plus D/L and CC (or an approved DC ). Straight to the garage (A or B as you prefer assuming you're in to MCO), find your row, sit in a few and check mileage, bells and whistles etc and off you go to the barrier.

If you've done "full to full" with VH you can easily add fuel service at the barrier so you can return on fumes if you dare.

Mick

Edited at 02:43 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
If you've done "full to full" with VH you can easily add fuel service at the barrier so you can return on fumes if you dare.

Mick
If ive done whaaaaat?
Old 28 Oct 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
If ive done whaaaaat?
Sorry. The default with any car hire company is that you always take it out with a full tank of gas and return it with a full tank (or as near as you can getting gas near the airport).

Alternatively you can choose to pay extra and return it empty. You can I imagine pre-pay this option with VH when you book (never booked with VH so can't confirm ) or add it to your contract at the barrier. You don't pay then as it's added to your contract and you pay when you return.

Mick
Old 28 Oct 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Ah its only in the super duper gold package i believe, i dont need the extra 3 drivers, the underage drivers or a car seat. Take my own seat and add it to contract at barrier it is.

Thats gotta be cheaper than the £140 extra they wanted for gold!
Old 28 Oct 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sophster
Gone all Goofy

Be careful that they don’t add the fuel service without asking you!

We went thru a few weeks ago, declined the fuel service at the virgin holidays booth at the airport (they direct you here to get maps etc even if you’ve done skip the counter), and we weren’t asked if we wanted it at the exit booth.

We stupidly never looked at the paperwork before we drove away (it was dark!) and realised after we got to our apartment that they had put on the fuel service and we had estimated charges of $47!

I had planned to email them next day but the holiday took over and we forgot all about it til we dropped the car off with a full tank of gas and were handed a receipt with the fuel charge still on.

Emailed them once home explaining that the car was returned with a full tank and to be fair they did refund the charge straight away, just could have done without the hassle!
Sophster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Sophster View Post
Be careful that they don’t add the fuel service without asking you!

We went thru a few weeks ago, declined the fuel service at the virgin holidays booth at the airport (they direct you here to get maps etc even if you’ve done skip the counter), and we weren’t asked if we wanted it at the exit booth.

We stupidly never looked at the paperwork before we drove away (it was dark!) and realised after we got to our apartment that they had put on the fuel service and we had estimated charges of $47!

I had planned to email them next day but the holiday took over and we forgot all about it til we dropped the car off with a full tank of gas and were handed a receipt with the fuel charge still on.

Emailed them once home explaining that the car was returned with a full tank and to be fair they did refund the charge straight away, just could have done without the hassle!
Last large visit in November last year because i was helping a family friend with his stuff at the desk, then my step son at the desk and then my booking with step daughters partner we forgot that we all had added on fuel and brought back full cars. We were refunded in the garage though.

So i have to still go to the virgin counter but not the alamo desk behind it? I cant just fob them both off?
Old 29 Oct 18, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I've just done it for the 2 cars we've got for next week Alamo with Costco one being picked up on arrival the other when we come back to Florida after our long weekend in Vegas for Ds2wedding friends are dropping us off at the airport we will leave thecfirstcar at the villa then il havevmy own car when we arrive back at MCO
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List