Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Aug 14, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CHAR View Post
HI nordictat2girl
Really great thread, has been really helpful to me esp the pictures and the site links.
Can i ask based on ur experience, There are 4 adults and our DD of 17 months, we are thinking about a mini van as we will have a pram and 3 suitcases going and the pram and 5 large suitcases coming back looking at the pics is this the best car to go for for luggage space or is there a smaller one we could get?

Also on hiring car seats what are they like shes in a maxi cosy 20kg+ one at the minute?
Hi Char and thanks :-) nice to hear it has helped you.

Now..onto your questions. I would go for a minivan just to play it safe in regards to space. Nothing smaller. As far as the car seat...is there any way you can bring it along? It can be a bit pricey hiring one from the car hire companies so if you can...bring your own as you know where it comes from and trust that it truely does work as well as clean.
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
CHAR
Being a bit Goofy

Hi
its going to cost $100 each way to bring it with us, have you had any experience with hiring them?
CHAR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CHAR View Post
Hi
its going to cost $100 each way to bring it with us, have you had any experience with hiring them?
Hi...not personally BUT car hire will charge about $13 per day with a maximum of $65 or so.
If you do hire one...when you go to pick up your car...just ask one of the greeters out in the garage for a car seat Make sure you have some of those antibac wipes and give it a rub down
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 14, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
Its for 5 weeks and know I had a price of around £600 all in for them with Ebookers when they had a deal on with a 10% code... do these happen often, but was told that there are often voucher codes or deals through quidco. The car isn't for me! Thanks though.

Just done a quick quote on this year prices as they don't go that far in advance and a Rav4 for 5 weeks coming back Xmas eve all inclusive is coming in at £637 with 6.5% back = £42, bringing to under £600 then if theres a 10% code off soon, I will let them know to book then! Thank you.
Well we don't normally book a car til about the 5 month mark but that's just us or well since I do all the booking I guess I should say when I book lol.
Quidco does have special offers sometimes when booking car hire so do keep an eye out and of course if I come across a sale...I will post it [/QUOTE]

Thanks Hun. I don't always get on here due to health, but if you could PM me, I would get an email to let me know. Sorry to be a PIA. x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 14, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Many THANKS to nordictat2girl for all her hard work on this...Have only just seen it after asking a q ... oooops... Know where it is now for future ref
Old 27 Aug 14, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

DisneyLover If any sales come up I will let ya know

Ann Awww you're welcome. Glad it has helped you. Feel free to ask away if you have any questions though as I or another Dibber will try to help
Old 27 Aug 14, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

*UPDATE* Added info about fuel with photo
Old 27 Aug 14, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Glen
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
*UPDATE* Added info about fuel with photo
Thanks for doing all this, it really is a massive help.

Glen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 14, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

What a generous thread! Thanks SO much for all the effort you put in; I can see it being a big help for lots of people.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 14, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Glen No problem. By the way, did you ever make your mind up about the upgrade? I can't remember if you did...

Bianca Thanks I know there are people out there that have little or no experience when it comes to car hire so thought it would be a good idea and so far..so good hehe