Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Feb 18, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hooray4Disney View Post
Hi there,

Did you drive to the Grand Canyon from Vegas? Is it doable in a day? Not sure yet, how to plan this one.

Lots of people recommend Dylan’s Tours - thanks - will have a look at this. Will the DSs 19 and 17 enjoy this?

Alcatraz night tour - thanks for the recommendation- hoping to book this too!

Thanks,
We did the Dylan’s tour last year, it included Muir Woods with DS 19& DD17 - we all loved it. If you can do it on your first day in SF it helps with orientation of the fab city. Our tour I think was the “famous tour”
When you book Alcatraz make sure you use the official site (alcatrazcruises.com) tickets are on sale 90 days before & sell out quickly.
Your plan looks great x
Old 15 Feb 18, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Depends which rim.

The West Rim is only 2.5 hrs each way so easily done in a day even with a stop at the Hoover Dam.

South Rim is 4-4.5 hrs each way so a much longer day.
This is really helpful - thank you.

I’ve just had a look at both rims and feel rather silly that I did not know that there were two to visit. I think the West Rim will be fantastic.

For Las Vegas, DSs will be 19 and 17 - what would you recommend that we do please? I know you are quite an expert and would appreciate your advice.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hooray4Disney View Post
Hi,
Thought I would update you all with our new plan - thank you for contributing - I appreciated all the comments and it made us re-evaluate what we wanted from our holiday.

We are now flying into Las Vegas.

6 nights - Las Vegas
Flying to Salt Lake City
1 night - Salt Lake City
3 nights - Yellowstone
Flying to - San Francisco
3 nights - San Francisco
4 nights - Yosemite
Fly home from SFO

I haven’t booked any passes, tours or anything else yet - things to do would be greatly appreciated.

I know my DSs will want to do some exploring and trails - hence the visits to Yellowstone and Yosemite.

We will visit Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon during the stay in Vegas.

It’s changed quite a lot!
If possible try to book 1 or 2 nights whilst you are LV to go & stay in the Grand Canyon (south rim) It’s a good 4 hr drive from LV, if you stay overnight you can see sunset / sunrise or if possible both. We stayed at Kachina Lodge, was better than I expected for a “lodge”, 1 minute walk from the rim! Rooms book quickly (open bookings 1 year in advance) I think it’s booked through Xantera
We had 3 nights LV - more than enough for us!

Edited at 09:19 AM.
Frankie & gang is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
i was going to suggest to fly to vegas and
do Grand canyon by helicopter - then fly to SLC and hire a car

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi for yosemite would suggest valley floor tour on arrival , good for bearing and a little history. Also glacier point and walk up vernal falls and of course tioga pass. We are doing yellowstone in July , going via a small airport called Bozeman . We are doing a couple of guided tours. After there we are driving to Lake Tahoe with a stop at twin fall to break the journey

Edited at 07:28 PM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List