Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Jun 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
He did a thing - June 19 - Pre-Travel Day

Hello and welcome to another one of my trip reports. I am so sorry if you are bored of us! I wouldn’t blame you. 7 trips in as many years might have that effect!

Anyway, a quick recap for those who didn’t read the PTR (it's here btw). I'm Rachael and my husband is Chris. We are in our *cough cough* early thirties and live in Aberdeenshire.

We stayed at Walt Disney Dolphin hotel for 9 nights and only had Disney tickets, so no Universal or any other park this year. If you don’t like Disney (why are you even here though? ) then look away now.

On with the show…..

Sunday 9th June

Pre-travel day had finally arrived! Woop! I woke up at 6.55am feeling very excited. I got up and pottered about the house having several cups of tea until Chris woke Jake at 7.45 to get him ready for this football. They had to trek up to Fraserburgh for Jake's football match. If you know our neck of the woods, you'll know that was a major pain in the bum! Over 100 mile round trip! I chose to stay at home and do last minute things like cleaning, hoovering and a final load of washing. I'd been packed for weeks, so all I had to do was add in last minute things like hair straighteners and make up etc! I then settled down on the sofa and enjoyed the second half of Erin Brockovicz. Love that movie!

The boys got back about 1.30pm and demolished a pizza that I had ready for them. I was trying not to seem too excited as I felt a bit guilty that we weren’t taking Jake with us this time!

After lunch Chris went to finish his packing and I watched a bit of Wall-e. Most underrated Disney movie everrrrrrrrrr.

We left the house about 2pm and nipped down to Chris's parents to say cheerio. We spent some time playing with Ru, who is Chris's sister's dog! I don't normally like little dogs, but he is too cute.

Just as we were about to leave Chris's Dad decided it would be a perfect time to ask Chris to help him adjust his golf clubs. Yay Chris duly obliged while I shot him the snake eye

We were finally on the road at 3.15pm and had dropped off Jake in Portlethen by 3.50pm. The Aberdeen bypass is a godsend!

We decided we'd eat now to save us stopping on the way to Edinburgh, so we tried out the newly opened McDonald's in Portlethen. A slight change from the usual pit stop in Forfar! And so the food photography begins….

We were on our way to Edinburgh by 4.20 Chris was happy, honest! He's a man though and they can't multitask, so driving and smiling at the same time is a challenge

The journey was uneventful, except for me spying this rather wonderful tour bus. Take my money!

I did a quick weather check for Orlando and it was looking pretty mixed. We knew June was rainy season and were expecting some storms.

I saw this post on Instagram and thought it was very appropriate I shudder to think how much money we have thrown at Disney over the years

Soon enough we were heading over the Queensferry Crossing.

We arrived at the Edinburgh Marriott at 6.10pm. We had made good time, Sunday roads are quiet roads We checked in and sorted parking for our stay (£20 – bargain) and then went to check out our room. We were miles away at the back of the hotel and the room had seen better days. We think we were chucked in a scabby old room because we had paid for the hotel with points No matter, it was only a night.

Chris decided to continue his recent health kick and went to the gym I was definitely not doing that and instead scooted off to find the nearest Indigo Sun, so I could get a wee head start to my tan. I always like to have a couple of sessions before a holiday as it usually prevents me burning.

We met back at the room around 7.30pm. Chris had discovered there was no hot water in the shower and was most miffed.

Once ready, we popped down to the bar for a drink. A glass of rose for me and a pint for Chris which came to an eye watering £13.35. We are used to paying about a fiver for two drinks at our local golf club

Chris also nipped to reception to report the lack of hot water. They said they would send someone up straight away. I was a bit nervous because my dollars were up there . Not nervous enough to get off my lazy ass an go get them though

Whilst we enjoyed our drinks, we did online check in. I thought Chris had already done it, but no, he had only picked the seats for the London flight!

Concierge came over and explained that we would have to be moved to another room and gave us a key to a room "twice the size of our current one". He said there was no hurry and we could move our stuff at our leisure. So another drink was bought, along with a couple of snacks.

We then discussed our top 5 rides in Orlando. His top 5 goes like this – Mako, Manta, Dr Doom's Fearfall, Cheetah Hunt and Rip Ride Rockit. I was most miffed that he didn’t have a Disney ride in there, but he said the criteria he was using was fear!

I didn’t write down what I said my top 5 was, but I think it goes like this - Tower of Terror, Flight of Passage, The Mummy, Gringotts and Splash Mountain. I reserve the right to change that though…..

We then a very heated discussion about Figment. I love it, I think its super cute and cheesy, but Chris despises it with an absolute passion and point blank refuses to set foot anywhere near it! Humph!

At 9.45 we called it a night and went to move our stuff into our new room. It was bigger, but defectively not twice the size and still a bit on the dated side. It did have hot water though, so that was a bonus! I forgot to take a pic, sorry!

We watched Tim Tracker's latest vlog and then went to sleep

Join me soon for our travel day where we fly EDI-LGW-MCO and check in at The Dolphin. We also visit Epcot It is here

Edited at 09:40 PM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great start. Love the coach, hate the drink prices. Ouch! Still, at least it prepared you for Disney prices. 😳
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Hi Rachael

Nice pretravel day - seemed very calm (apart from your discussion about your favourite rides &#128514

Shame about your room but hopefully you slept ok.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Ooh goody, I’m looking forward to reading along again x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Ooo I love pre-travel day... you can totally feel the excitement and anticipation reading this!

Glad to see the eating and drinking has gotten off to a good start from the outset!

Oh I am now trying to decide on my top 5 Orlando rides... I may have to get back to you on this one as I think it requires a bit of thought!

Such a great start, so excited to read the rest! :d xxx
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Yay you've started. Great pre-travel day. Soooo exciting! xx

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Excited that you have started. Looking forward to reading the rest.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Kcstyle
slightly serious Dibber

we are from Aberdeen! we did the Fraserburgh football festival! we love the bypass too (Kingswells based so VERY handy for Edinburgh!) We do the Forfar Mcdonalds stop!

I stayed in that hotel years ago and it was rotten old rooms then! We just do the premier inn newbridge now... Can't wait to read the rest of your adventure!
Kcstyle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeh you have started! Looking forward to reading along😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Great pre travel day. I think your favourite rides are allowed to change at any given time - Chris's list is definitely thrill seeker! Looking forward to reading along :-) x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List