Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jul 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I have looked at that location but the pool is pretty poor. I notice not many have particularly big pool areas but we do like a little pool time.

In terms of days we definitely will use two days in each park. This I think we will be a one off trip. DW and the girls will spend a day alone in the shops in Disneyland If it looks like we have too much time there then on the middle day we will take a day trip out somewhere else maybe Knotts Berry.
I always forget other people use pools. I never do so it's not something I look for in a hotel.

Anaheim hotels don't have amazing pools for the most part, I think HoJo would be the best in that regard, particularly for the price point.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I always forget other people use pools. I never do so it's not something I look for in a hotel.

Anaheim hotels don't have amazing pools for the most part, I think HoJo would be the best in that regard, particularly for the price point.
Yeah I agree, the pool didn't seem to be a huge focus of many Anaheim hotels when I was looking for a hotel.

Would suggest having a look at some photos of the pool - I saw a pool hotel in Anaheim that was just a tiny pool that I wouldn't have wanted to spend any holiday time at...

(That being said, I'm not a huge pool person on holiday - I'll go spend a bit of time in the pool if it's known for being particularly nice like the BC at WDW but otherwise I'll just ignore the presence of a pool at the hotel...)
Old 24 Jul 21, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

I can recommend the Candy Cane Inn - it’s really close - probably one of the closest hotels. Breakfast included. Free shuttle bus, but it was quicker to walk it’s so close!
As for getting there, assuming you are flying to lax? When we went a couple of years ago, they had discontinued the shuttle bus. It is about an hours drive (dependent on traffic). I’d personally hire a car.
You can easily do both parks comfortably in three days (or rush around in two). That will leave you three spare days. If you have a car, then you’ll be able to go to some fantastic beaches etc - for example Laguna beach. If you go there, you could stop off at the little seal rescue place on the way.
The other day id either go to knots berry farm (if you love theme parks and want more rides) or San Diego zoo. Six flags magic mountain theme park is amazing, but I wouldn’t drive there from Anaheim - it’s past the other side of la and the traffic is terrible driving across.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by porridge View Post
I can recommend the Candy Cane Inn - it’s really close - probably one of the closest hotels. Breakfast included. Free shuttle bus, but it was quicker to walk it’s so close!
As for getting there, assuming you are flying to lax? When we went a couple of years ago, they had discontinued the shuttle bus. It is about an hours drive (dependent on traffic). I’d personally hire a car.
You can easily do both parks comfortably in three days (or rush around in two). That will leave you three spare days. If you have a car, then you’ll be able to go to some fantastic beaches etc - for example Laguna beach. If you go there, you could stop off at the little seal rescue place on the way.
The other day id either go to knots berry farm (if you love theme parks and want more rides) or San Diego zoo. Six flags magic mountain theme park is amazing, but I wouldn’t drive there from Anaheim - it’s past the other side of la and the traffic is terrible driving across.
Thank you. I have looked at Candy Cane but it’s having an extensive refurb so little hard to see what it’s like. I’m not booking hotel for a while yet so hopefully I can find out more, Location looks good. I’ve decided on hiring a car. I’m was concerned about traffic etc from LAX but we arrive on a Sunday so hoping that makes a difference and fly I’m planning on flying out early on a Saturday. We we will definitely plan on as much time as we need at the Disney parks and don’t want to rush but having the car gives us the option. Knotts Berry is definitely on the list if that’s the case!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

I’ve recently been watching YouTube vids by The Lodge Guys. They stayed at a hotel across the road, but I can’t remember what it was called! 😂. Try having a look at their 2020 (Jan) videos for the Disneyland bit of their Disney blog and you can see where it is and what it was like x
Old 25 Jul 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gev View Post
I’ve recently been watching YouTube vids by The Lodge Guys. They stayed at a hotel across the road, but I can’t remember what it was called! 😂. Try having a look at their 2020 (Jan) videos for the Disneyland bit of their Disney blog and you can see where it is and what it was like x
Will do!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

I do like a pool, it’s a novelty for
us and my husband loves a morning swim. I commented on the mediocre pools in the Anaheim area to a lady at near us at the small concrete blah pool and she said “well most of us have better ones at home so it’s just to give the kiddies a dip” Well excuse me! Wouldn’t have thought of that but makes sense.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
I’m working my way through lots of vlogs but non the wiser yet!

I’m looking at the two Best Western locations that are nearly side by side and just opposite Disneyland. (1)Park Place Inn and Mimi Suites and (2)Plus Anaheim Inn.

(1) looks better and can get a slightly bigger room and has a slightly better pool but both are average. There are pretty much no vlogs for this resort but quite a few for (2)

Does anyone have any experience of these?
Old 25 Jul 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Are you planning on doing a BA multi city option? I would love to visit Disneyland. Finding this thread helpful.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I’m working my way through lots of vlogs but non the wiser yet!

I’m looking at the two Best Western locations that are nearly side by side and just opposite Disneyland. (1)Park Place Inn and Mimi Suites and (2)Plus Anaheim Inn.

(1) looks better and can get a slightly bigger room and has a slightly better pool but both are average. There are pretty much no vlogs for this resort but quite a few for (2)

Does anyone have any experience of these?
The difficulty we found in settling on one is that there's so little between the dozen hotels that line that street. They are all 'medicore' and fairly indistinguishable. The Courtyard had a kiddies pool with slides so we wrote that off as travelling as a couple but I remember walking down the street and thinking of you had a few jars you'd easily walk into the wrong hotel as they all looked the same.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List