Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Aug 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Anaheim tour company?

We are going to do a sightseeing tour of LA and Hollywood and have seen the Anaheim Tour company recommended. Pick up from Anaheim where we will be for and 8 hour or so tour. Has any one done this or similar and recommended?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Just checked and we did a day tour of LA/Hollywood with Anaheim Tour Company in 2018 (LA & Hollywood Grand Tour). They picked us up from the hotel we were staying at in Anaheim (Fairfield Inn).

From what I recall it was pretty good. Can't remember all the stops we made but remember Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier, The Grove/Farmer's Market, Hollywood with the Walk of Fame/Chinese Theatre, and some others. It was kind of a whirlwind tour of all the major sights in one day.

The upside: got to see lots of stuff in one single day, the tour guide was pretty good, and didn't have to worry about transport or getting around at all that day.

The downside: because it's a whirlwind tour, we don't really get to explore any one area in more depth... I would have liked to do a bit of shopping at the Grove/Farmer's Market but we didn't really have the time to do that!
Old 8 Aug 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Just checked and we did a day tour of LA/Hollywood with Anaheim Tour Company in 2018 (LA & Hollywood Grand Tour). They picked us up from the hotel we were staying at in Anaheim (Fairfield Inn).

From what I recall it was pretty good. Can't remember all the stops we made but remember Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier, The Grove/Farmer's Market, Hollywood with the Walk of Fame/Chinese Theatre, and some others. It was kind of a whirlwind tour of all the major sights in one day.

The upside: got to see lots of stuff in one single day, the tour guide was pretty good, and didn't have to worry about transport or getting around at all that day.

The downside: because it's a whirlwind tour, we don't really get to explore any one area in more depth... I would have liked to do a bit of shopping at the Grove/Farmer's Market but we didn't really have the time to do that!
Thank you I think that actually suits us doing a whirlwind type tour The Grand Tour is the one I’m looking at. It’s nice to hear from people on here that have done it! They do private tours that looking at it works out about $30 more per person but you can choose the itinerary.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Thank you I think that actually suits us doing a whirlwind type tour The Grand Tour is the one I’m looking at. It’s nice to hear from people on here that have done it! They do private tours that looking at it works out about $30 more per person but you can choose the itinerary.
No problem It was a good tour, we're quite happy we did it as it was a nice quick tour of LA without having to spend too much time, and importantly we didn't have to worry about transport and getting around since we weren't driving at all!
Old 9 Aug 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

My DH AMG Tour and enjoyed it - did enjoy it and picked him up from his hotel. £55 in Feb 2020
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
I’ll have a look at them as well.