Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Aug 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Hi Chris

Already agreed a Alamo booking through Andy and wanted to find out if included a beat the line incentive, pleased to say it does.

I hate hire car lines
Hi J

I know we've just exchanged a few PMs but I didn't ask if you are into MCO? If so did you see my reference to the VTP being reinstated but only collection from side A at the minute. Hopefully when international flights are fully restored they will have pick up on side B as well just as they did in 2019.

We always go to side B at MCO as it's nearer to gates 70-99 and much better for the 417 south when we go on auto-pilot.

Mick
Old 6 Aug 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Hi J

I know we've just exchanged a few PMs but I didn't ask if you are into MCO? If so did you see my reference to the VTP being reinstated but only collection from side A at the minute. Hopefully when international flights are fully restored they will have pick up on side B as well just as they did in 2019.

We always go to side B at MCO as it's nearer to gates 70-99 and much better for the 417 south when we go on auto-pilot.

Mick
Hi Mick

We are Tampa travellers, don't spend much time in Orlando unless we have grandchildren in tow. Mostly fly into TPA.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
It was just to see if Alamo bookings through me are eligible for the online check in… they are.
Andy, is Skip the Counter available at all, major, Alamo depots? I know the much smaller/quieter depots where everything is done in the portokabin may not offer Skip.

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Hi Chris

Already agreed a Alamo booking through Andy and wanted to find out if included a beat the line incentive, pleased to say it does.

I hate hire car lines
MM, I don't like car hire, period, hence buying an awld Fl banger - since 2015 Fl motor ownership has saved us circa Ł11k+.
Old 6 Aug 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Andy, is Skip the Counter available at all, major, Alamo depots? I know the much smaller/quieter depots where everything is done in the portokabin may not offer Skip.

MM, I don't like car hire, period, hence buying an awld Fl banger - since 2015 Fl motor ownership has saved us circa Ł11k+.
Chris, if I spent a long time in Fl I would also buy. When we owned a home in Antigua we had a Toyota Hilux twin cab truck and a very old Land-rover. I miss them both.

We did have to spend time getting Tax discs, Mot and of course insurance so I'm not sure how much we saved but it was good to own them. We sold the Hilux to the people who bought our home and the Landy for more money than we paid for it to the son of a friend.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Miami, MCO and Tampa, Fort Lauderdale all offer the online check in, skip the counter.

Sanford, Melbourne, Disney Car Care Center and all the hotel locations and smaller offices offer the online check in, some offer the self service kiosk but not the skip the counter.

Seems madness in todays age of technology and apps, that the rental counter even exists... but I suppose its a money making thing when their staff push the upgrades and other insurances you don't need.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Miami, MCO and Tampa, Fort Lauderdale all offer the online check in, skip the counter.

Sanford, Melbourne, Disney Car Care Center and all the hotel locations and smaller offices offer the online check in, some offer the self service kiosk but not the skip the counter.

Seems madness in todays age of technology and apps, that the rental counter even exists... but I suppose its a money making thing when their staff push the upgrades and other insurances you don't need.
I wonder how the skip the counter service is working with the current shortage of cars.
If there was only one or two vehicles in the row, people would end up fighting over them!
I wonder if they now keep all the keys in the hut, so they can control it.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
pc32435
New Poster (4)

Sorry, just so I understand is it Terminal A is only one open for collection at the moment? We usually use B
pc32435 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pc32435 View Post
Sorry, just so I understand is it Terminal A is only one open for collection at the moment? We usually use B
Welcome to the DIBB

I started a Visitor Toll Pass thread some months ago and it became very extensive. I then created another VTP reminder thread a month or so back.

Sorry for the ramble.

One of the posts in one of those threads showed a photo of a sign on a lift saying the garage B was closed. Then a later post said that garage B was now open, Sorry but it would be a monumental task to find those two posts.

If you're using the VTP though you can only collect on side A at the minute.

You may get more responses in future if you avoid posting in a sticky which are usually kept for standard procedural type discussions. In this case skipping the counter with Alamo.

Mick

Edited at 08:24 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pc32435 View Post
Yes there are drop off points in Terminal B but no pickup point when I used it - it isn't really that far to pop over to get to the booth/machine and it is opposite the Terminal A car hire desks. As mick says Terminal B happens to be more convenient if you are heading South out of the airport to the 417 and Disney.

Both Terminals A and B are now open.

Edited at 10:46 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mto
Proud to wear my Ears

I've booked with Virgin Holidays and am trying to do STC, but when I enter the booking reference (I've tried both the VH and VA reference numbers) i get the message

We're sorry, but there's something wrong with the reservation number you entered. Please try again or call us for assistance.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
mto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List