Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
I might be in the minority here but I don’t think the new system is bad …fair enough there’s only 2 of us so £20 a day (when doing a full day ) for genie + I’ll happily pay for especially including btm and smugglers run etc and I’ll just wait and see what the wait times are for the headliners either first thing or later on in the day
Considering it costs £30 per person to fasttrack just 4 rides at Alton Towers (or £50 for 6 rides), then £11 per person to fastpass as many second tier attractions as you can in a day doesn’t seem too bad.

Mind you, it would’ve been better if it was free.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Although not confirmed by Disney yet, a guy with inside sources at WDW says that these are the likely Genie+ and Lightning Lane attractions they are looking at:

MK

“it’s a small world”
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Enchanted Tails with Belle
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Mad Tea Party
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Peter Pan’s Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (*Individual LL only)
Space Mountain (*Individual LL only)
Splash Mountain
The Barnstormer
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Tomorrowland Speedway
Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid

Epcot

Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
Frozen Ever After
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Living with the Land
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (*Individual LL only. Will also be a virtual queue.)
Soarin’ Around the World
Spaceship Earth
Test Track (*Individual LL only)
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush

HS

Alien Swirling Saucers
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
MuppetVision 3D
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
Slinky Dog Dash (*Individual LL only)
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (*Individual LL only. Will also be a virtual queue.)
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania

AK

Avatar Flight of Passage (*Individual LL only)
DINOSAUR
Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
It’s Tough to be a Bug
Kalie River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safaris (*Individual LL only)
Na’vi River Journey
The Animation Experience at Conservation Station
These seem to be what people have been guessing anyway. I’d say that isn’t too bad if that is the case. Though I’m also wondering why the safari, the queues don’t tend to get too crazy.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
It’s $15 for WDW, but the smaller your party your obviously going to be less hit. Those that have big families are going to add up pretty easily. It also depends how many days you plan to spend at Disney, only a few days and it’s not too bad at all, but if your at Disney for the full 14 days or maybe 10, that’s still a considerable amount of money that you now have to pay for something that was previously free (and covered more rides). If you want the headliners then it obviously adds up even more. Let alone the number of other perks Disney has taken away recently and the constant ticket price increases over the years.
You don’t have to buy it for the full 14 days. Just buy it for, say, 4 days. And it’s cheaper than most other fastpasses - although the park tickets themselves are more expensive than most other parks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Lots of dropped attractions on that list. Interesting if true, will they redo the queue lines?

These seem to be what people have been guessing anyway. I’d say that isn’t too bad if that is the case. Though I’m also wondering why the safari, the queues don’t tend to get too crazy.
There's not enough at AK that needs FP to begin with and it's probably the ride most people think of after FOP. I'd say maybe more so for more casual fans who don't visit too often. It's "the park with the animal ride" to my friends who prefer Universal so don't visit Disney much.

Edited at 10:42 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Considering it costs £30 per person to fasttrack just 4 rides at Alton Towers (or £50 for 6 rides), then £11 per person to fastpass as many second tier attractions as you can in a day doesn’t seem too bad.

Mind you, it would’ve been better if it was free.
Alton towers are the most popular headline attractions for those prices, so you might get near those prices with LL+. Most people also only spend a day, maybe two at most, so spending the extra money for a fast pass isn’t as bad. It’s also closer to universal express pass, your not limit to times, you just buy the pass and turn up to the ride whenever you want. Your also pretty much straight on the ride. I’m not 100% sure but I believe at one point they were free as well. Ticket prices are also cheaper, especially if you want a longer stay or an annual pass, but I also appreciate the park itself can’t really be compared to Disney.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Yeah I thought that as well, seems more likely to be Everest rather than Safari to me
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Here’s an example from our Disneyland trip using MaxPass - 2 FPs stacked up.

…and before we’d even used those I added another one for the late afternoon.

And, as you can see, I could make another one from 2:16pm to stack some more up.

From what I can see, with genie you can only make a new selection once you've scanned into the current FP, so you wouldn't be able to stack like this would you?
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
You don’t have to buy it for the full 14 days. Just buy it for, say, 4 days. And it’s cheaper than most other fastpasses - although the park tickets themselves are more expensive than most other parks.
Well firstly we don’t know that is the case for sure, some people have suggested you have to buy it for the same time period as the ticket (though I doubt that would be the case personally) but That’s why I said “It also depends how many days you plan to spend at Disney, only a few days and it’s not too bad at all“ I’m not suggesting at all from my post that it’s for the whole duration.

And while you keep suggesting it’s cheaper than other fast pass systems, there is no other system that works in this way, you are much more limited on what you can book, when you can ride. Most if not all other systems give you complete flexibility to what ride you can go on and whenever you want (most of them with next to no queue either). So your not comparing apples with apples.
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
There's not enough at AK that needs FP to begin with and it's probably the ride most people think of after FOP. I'd say maybe more so for more casual fans who don't visit too often. It's "the park with the animal ride" to my friends who prefer Universal so don't visit Disney much.
Maybe so, but the point is to cut the queue, and the queue for it isn’t too bad most of the time, I’d be surprised if that was the ride and many people paid for it. Everest or river journey tend to have much higher queue times and I would have thought people would be more likely to pay for them.
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Maybe so, but the point is to cut the queue, and the queue for it isn’t too bad most of the time, I’d be surprised if that was the ride and many people paid for it. Everest or river journey tend to have much higher queue times and I would have thought people would be more likely to pay for them.
Actually at the moment, safari has the longest average wait time of the three. Closely followed by Navi then a good gap to Everest.

I went back to pre-Covid and it was Navi then safari then Everest but Navi would have been skewed by the tier one effect since everyone was booking FOP if they could.

But the real point of this is to make Disney money, not enhance the guest experience. All other things being equal, the most recognisable ride wins.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List