Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Sep 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Still don't know when mine is going... probably Friday or Saturday... we FINALLY got the shared house contract through, signed, and paid deposit/rent in advance today!@@#$ Hopefully get the OK tomorrow.

The sick feeling in the depths of my belly has lessened a bit now thankfully.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Good luck to all your sons/daughters starting or returning. We’ve now got everything ready, new bedding washed & ironed x 2 sets. It’s randomly packed in conservatory as i’ve been adding bits, but DH is off work on Friday, so going to sort it properly with DS. DS announced last night he’s ordered loads of new clothes to take with him - all arriving this week, so there was me thinking everything was done - now got more washing to look forward to. 🙄 DS goes on Saturday- im both excited for him & dreading at the same time! x
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Good luck to all your sons/daughters starting or returning. We’ve now got everything ready, new bedding washed & ironed x 2 sets. It’s randomly packed in conservatory as i’ve been adding bits, but DH is off work on Friday, so going to sort it properly with DS. DS announced last night he’s ordered loads of new clothes to take with him - all arriving this week, so there was me thinking everything was done - now got more washing to look forward to. 🙄 DS goes on Saturday- im both excited for him & dreading at the same time! x
We are very similar I need to go through everything we have and pack it properly.mys ds had the idea to pack stuff in our trolley cases (their first outing this year )incase we can’t get parked right outside then we can wheel it across from a nearby car park .clothes to wash .ds 2 also goes on Saturday x
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Good luck to those going this weekend, my daughter doesn’t go until 2 weeks on Saturday.
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Good luck everyone 😊

I’m sat in a Premier Inn bedroom waiting for DS to finish in the shower so we can get him moved in.

Deep breath, here goes…

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
Good luck to those going this weekend, my daughter doesn’t go until 2 weeks on Saturday.
Wow - that feels late - my daughter moved into halls at Winchester on Saturday.

Things seem to be going well for her thus far - new friends made and she's keeping busy.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post

Things seem to be going well for her thus far - new friends made and she's keeping busy.
A good friend of mine’s daughter moved into Winchester halls on Saturday also.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
A good friend of mine’s daughter moved into Winchester halls on Saturday also.
Oooooooh!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Our DD returns to Bristol next Monday for her third year. I wish I could say the feeling of sadness when they go back gets better but I can’t say I’ve found that. In fact I feel sadder this year as this may have been the last long summer break (unless she decides to take her masters degree).

However, I am pleased that she’s happy in her uni home too with her lovely housemates and can, hopefully, have a wonderful ‘normal’ year at uni this year with face to face lectures and lab sessions and more opportunity to go out and enjoy herself with her friends.

Good luck to all new and returning students xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post

Lancaster must be the last or one of the last to move in, must have always been like this our nephew started there 3 years ago and he started the same time.

Good luck to your daughter glad things are going well
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List