Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 23 Sep 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

We were gifted a stay shepards hut near the beacons. It was fab a wood burner fired hot tub with view over the black mountains. I did have to share a bed with my mom, but that doesn't bother me. Was a lovely spot with walks all round.

Can't remember the name now but could look it up if that's what your looking for?
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Chester is really nice and has a few nice hotels with spas. Plus there’s a few places around chester you could go for the day.

Somewhere in or around Liverpool might also be an idea?
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Sorry to hear this 💜 I was brought up in Pembs and at that age the only way was east lol. I like the sound of Celtic Manor or even a bit further, eg London for a show.

My DD is having a bit of a bad time at the mo with her friends and has booked a spa for me and her in October - makes a lovely change from me paying 😆

Did she go with you to Spain? Does she feel left out do you think?
She did feel left out, because her sister went away with her boyfriend the same time, but she had options to go to her dad but chose not too 🤷🏻
I find I have to share myself around them all, I don’t mind paying. I just want to find the right kinda break. If we can take the dog that will be great.
Thank you x
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
Chester is really nice and has a few nice hotels with spas. Plus there’s a few places around chester you could go for the day.

Somewhere in or around Liverpool might also be an idea?
I love Chester, but it’s a windy road from where we live, and DD gets car sick! 😬 so I’m thinking maybe Bristol/ross on Wye kinda area.., maybe. Xx
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
We were gifted a stay shepards hut near the beacons. It was fab a wood burner fired hot tub with view over the black mountains. I did have to share a bed with my mom, but that doesn't bother me. Was a lovely spot with walks all round.

Can't remember the name now but could look it up if that's what your looking for?
We went to a pod in Somerset in a June, but it was a bit disappointing.
So this time a bit of luxury is the aim. X
Old 23 Sep 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

wyeleisure/health-beauty-spa/

thegreenman.co

Would this suit?
The spa is a one minute walk away and the pub is very good and has accommodation , its a lovely village close to the River Wye ( I am biased though as it is close to home )
More or less Motorway the whole way.

Edited at 09:17 PM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
wyeleisure/health-beauty-spa/

thegreenman.co

Would this suit?
The spa is a one minute walk away and the pub is very good and has accommodation , its a lovely village close to the River Wye ( I am biased though as it is close to home )
More or less Motorway the whole way.
Oh! I’ll go and have a look now. Thanks x
Old 24 Sep 21, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Daisy_Do_72 View Post
I love Chester, but it’s a windy road from where we live, and DD gets car sick! 😬 so I’m thinking maybe Bristol/ross on Wye kinda area.., maybe. Xx
Ross on Wye is lovely, we have a touring caravan and spent a couple of weeks in the area recently. Lots of pretty towns to look around, excellent pubs and cafes and the Forest of Dean close by for beautiful scenery and walks

Bristol is a lovely city, my DD is at uni there. So it’s a good city holiday, with fantastic shops in the centre, good restaurants and bars around Harbourside, plus pretty independent shops and cafes around Clifton Village area and the Zoo, Wildplace Project, suspension bridge, museums and theatre so lots to do there
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Ross on Wye is lovely, we have a touring caravan and spent a couple of weeks in the area recently. Lots of pretty towns to look around, excellent pubs and cafes and the Forest of Dean close by for beautiful scenery and walks

Bristol is a lovely city, my DD is at uni there. So it’s a good city holiday, with fantastic shops in the centre, good restaurants and bars around Harbourside, plus pretty independent shops and cafes around Clifton Village area and the Zoo, Wildplace Project, suspension bridge, museums and theatre so lots to do there
My DSD started at Bristol Uni last week, in Clifton. She is v shy and normally quiet - wow a week in and she’s so happy! She smiling and positive it’s great!

Today I booked a holiday home in Saul near Framoton on Severn!
We can all fit it if we need to, but just the 2 of us if all else fails. Including the dig! And not to far from Bristol if DSD wants a night or 2 with us!

I’m sure this will be just the ticket to a bit of chill out, walks, cups of tea and maybe some cake 😊
Old 24 Sep 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Daisy_Do_72 View Post
My DSD started at Bristol Uni last week, in Clifton. She is v shy and normally quiet - wow a week in and she’s so happy! She smiling and positive it’s great!

Today I booked a holiday home in Saul near Framoton on Severn!
We can all fit it if we need to, but just the 2 of us if all else fails. Including the dig! And not to far from Bristol if DSD wants a night or 2 with us!

I’m sure this will be just the ticket to a bit of chill out, walks, cups of tea and maybe some cake 😊
The break sounds wonderful, I definitely recommend cake 😄 I hope the weather is good for your break

My DD’s student house is in Clifton too. She’s starting her third year at the uni, her second year in this house. She was also shy and quiet when she went to uni, but she’s far more confident now. She loves the city and especially the Clifton area, so I hope your DSD enjoys her time there as much as mine does 😄

Edited to add: Slimbridge Wetlands Centre is close to Saul, my DD recently spent time there on a field trip for her Biology degree, and really enjoyed it. So it may be nice for a visit if you like that sort of thing

Edited at 08:51 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List