Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 24 Sep 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Best Fee Free Reward Credit Card

What would you recommend for using reward points for flights/car hire etc please? Im just looking at BA AMex card.

Thanks

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
There is no doubt that the paid for Cards give far more Points but the cost seems to be rising maybe too much for them to be worthwhile unless big expenditure is planned.

But your query is about the non fee ones so -

Ask me 2 years ago and I would have said the Virgin Money Card as VA Miles flights were always available. Currently I would say the BA Amex Card as there is more Avios flight availability.

That's the only 2 'reward' Cards I know about sorry.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Yes, things have changed recently. My daughter was talking to me about the free AE card, now you have to spend more to get a companion voucher (I think £20k but not sure) and you can only use the CV in Economy. The avios you receive is less than the paid card.

We both have the AE paid card, put all our spending or as much as possible on it and get two CV a year which we use in Club so for us it's worth it.

I used to own the Virgin money card but could never find flights, I totally understand the BA system and could never get to grips with the Virgin system, I know Mr Morrow is on it. I changed to a MasterCard cash back card for non AE purchases which is free.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Look on head for points, they have an up to date list of the current best cards.
I have an Amex gold card (fee) but I get the amount back in points free if I spend £15k on it. I put all spending on that and easily do the £15k.
If you need a sign up code let me know, it would give you more points, and some for me 😊

The free BA card I don’t think is “worth” it as the spend level is something like £20k to get a companion voucher. However you need a good stash of points before you can look at using a voucher.

For non Amex I have a cash back card
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
BA amex spend has been reduced to £12k now for CV
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I vote for BA Amex 😊
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List