Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Oct 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
PS

Try this - I just put some random stuff in. Trouble is you really need to know your route

floridasturnpike/TollCalc/index.htm

Mick
Old 17 Oct 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Thank you,

I've just had a play around with it and tried to replicate the route google maps suggests and it seems like it's around $18 each way, but like you say you really need to know your route!

At least it gives us a rough idea of how much it will cost us to save an hour of our journey

Thank you again for all your help, I really appreciate you spending the time to help me
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rose89 View Post
Thank you,

I've just had a play around with it and tried to replicate the route google maps suggests and it seems like it's around $18 each way, but like you say you really need to know your route!

At least it gives us a rough idea of how much it will cost us to save an hour of our journey

Thank you again for all your help, I really appreciate you spending the time to help me
It really is my pleasure after a very depressing 18 months.

We don't do Disney now and like to explore the other 65,700 square miles of the Sunshine State. So car hire and driving are really what I stick to.

Mick
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
HORSE
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
It really is my pleasure after a very depressing 18 months.

We don't do Disney now and like to explore the other 65,700 square miles of the Sunshine State. So car hire and driving are really what I stick to.

Mick
Excellent stuff Mick, you’re a mine of useful information 👍🏻
HORSE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
This is me stuck now I'm afraid. Only ever done MIA once and I used the toll-free H27. I believe there may be a toll pass cost calculator I've seen posted on here. Maybe Google "Florida toll costs"?

Our journey from MCO to Davenport area is around $4 each way (plus admin fee).

Mick
Mick, how did you find this route? I have driven H27 probably 30 mins North and south of the 192 junction so no where near the Miami end of it. Google maps says it's 30mins shorter than turnpike, but I guess traffic and number of traffic lights on the H27 can make a huge difference.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Welshjim22 View Post
Mick, how did you find this route? I have driven H27 probably 30 mins North and south of the 192 junction so no where near the Miami end of it. Google maps says it's 30mins shorter than turnpike, but I guess traffic and number of traffic lights on the H27 can make a huge difference.
It was back in 2013 before Joan had "Here" on her mobile so I went on Google maps before we left home and selected MIA to Highgate and also selected avoid tolls and highways. The first couple of miles was a bit tricky so I printed out screen shots of the junctions in the first couple of miles from MIA to the 27. With the pics Joan could say "you need left lane at next light" etc

I guess that choosing avoid highways and tolls on any sat nav will take you via the 27. The downside (or upside) of 27 is that you do pass through a couple of cities such as Sebring and Haines. A few traffic lights but greater choice of places to stop.

Mick
Old 22 Oct 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

We went to Miami for the night last weekend.

Here’s my toll pass with amounts charged

State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Maindrain
Trainee Dibber

Hi, just to mention I bought a Sunpass transponder from Publix about five years ago. It was about twenty dollars, I registered the villa we stayed at as the address, and used a "fee free" credit card on the account.

It's still running, and just automatically tops up ten bucks whenever it needs it.

When we get to Florida, I log onto my account, add the hire car and drive through the toll lanes, no problems. My online account then lists all the activities and charges.

I'm sure is read somewhere, possibly the Sunpass website, that you can "retro" add a car for three days, but might need looking at.

It has been an absolute godsend for the tolls and well worth the twenty bucks spent.

I'm looking forward to using it again in February.

Multiple trips since 1991, and EuroDisney just the once!
OK, I like Florida.
Maindrain is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

These are the Toll Pass options on sale in Publix today in case anyone not coming into MCO and getting VTP needs an alternative

Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List