Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Apr 12, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We walked from the tropicana to city centre several times and I can't think it ever took us 45 mins, we don't find the walking a problem though, we walked from the tropicana to the fashion show mall and back one evening .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scotsman2010 View Post
I'll probably get slated but we always stay at the Stratosphere. Its clean, comfortable, cheap (just back from West Coast trip, 3 nights in a new select room for under £80 with no resort fee to pay). For me personally its not about a hotel with bells and whistles and views, its a place to sleep as we're out all day plus at that price instead of 100's a night we can go every year... which we have done recently. Again its all down to personal choice and there are really good replys here, just thought i'd chip in mine
I quite like the look of the Stratosphere, it has some great reviews but my only concern is the location. How did you find getting around?

Thanks

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I stayed at the Bellagio a few years ago and loved it. The rooms are lovely and you have to show your room card to security to even get in the lifts.
Last year we stayed at Planet Hollywood and although we loved it's central location the rooms were no where near as nice as the Bellagio.
Teach0778 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Leeds Tink
Imagineer

Leeds Tink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 35
Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
Third time we stayed at the Venetian which was a lovely luxury hotel, massive all suite hotel, we had 3 TVs in our room! Also a great location in middle of the strip, I'm guessing the Venetian is cheaper than the Bellagio so might be worth checking out!

That's good to hear. DH fancied the Bellagio, but I've booked the Venetian. It sounds like he wont be disappointed.
Old 13 May 12, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

I always recommend the Venetian/Palazzo over the Bellagio as I think it represents much better value for money. The standard suites are lovely - and they're the worst you'll be offered as it's an all suite hotel.
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Dopeygirl View Post
I quite like the look of the Stratosphere, it has some great reviews but my only concern is the location. How did you find getting around?

Thanks

I like the Stratosphere.. we've been there several times to look round , eat in Roxys diner etc.. but i wouldnt stay there..

The location is about the worst of any on the strip... fine if you want to use the car all the time, but its just (imo ) so far from the main strip area. The area surrounding it never looks overly nice in the daytime never mind at night.

Its a shame it cant be picked up and moved further up the strip.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 12, 05:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I like the Stratosphere.. we've been there several times to look round , eat in Roxys diner etc.. but i wouldnt stay there..

The location is about the worst of any on the strip... fine if you want to use the car all the time, but its just (imo ) so far from the main strip area. The area surrounding it never looks overly nice in the daytime never mind at night.

Its a shame it cant be picked up and moved further up the strip.
It is - but you wouldn't get the rates you do now, then!

I stayed at The Strat when it was called Vegas World (yeah, back in 94!). And you're right - you have to drive everywhere and the area at the backk of it is strictly 'no go' especially after dark. It is at least now well serviced by the Deuce - but I still couldn't recommend it, unless you intend to literally stay in the one hotel and really not see anything else of Las Vegas.
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 12, 05:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread