Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Apr 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Cheers David 25113051 😎
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
david25113051
Excited about Disney

david25113051's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
any time when do you go and who do you fly with
09-18 all over Europe
march 14-15-16-18- vegas
david25113051 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
Sorry, it was not your comment I was referring to - my fault for not making that clear.
My point was that when a positive comment was made re the pool, Daytonnababe immediately said she thought it looked drab etc.
I know the original thread was asking for comments on moving to a different hotel and tbh I would move ifI could. I also understand that dibbers like to be helpful to enquiries, which is what you were.
My comments related solely to the way in which a positive review posted to assure me, when I was clearly worried, was immediately rubbished based on someone else's photos.
No need to be sorry Just wanted to reassure you that Luxor is fine and just a bit far south on the strip for me. I took pictures of the pool etc for another dibber, she stayed there, and loved it. Just thought, as well on another forum a guy posted pictures of a suite he had stayed in at Luxor and it was amazing. Best I have ever seen. I know you wont have that but if it has suites of that standard it cant be bad. The two guys were from the UK and had a great time at Luxor. Please dont worry.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by david25113051 View Post
any time when do you go and who do you fly with
All being well (long story) we go 24th. We have the dubious pleasure of flying United. Hoping we don't get asked to give up our seats

Thanks to you & Jos for encouragement.

Edited at 07:54 PM. Reason: Addition
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

All being well (long story) we go 24th. We have the dubious pleasure of flying United. Hoping we don't get asked to give up our seats

Hope you do get to go. We love Vegas and are just back in Feb and off again in May. Have flown many times with United... just in Feb, and they were great. You will have a lovely time
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
david25113051
Excited about Disney

david25113051's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

you be ok on flight out off uk as we have different rules than us re over selling lol

sure have fun got any plans made for when in vegas part from drink n gamble lol
09-18 all over Europe
march 14-15-16-18- vegas
david25113051 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jane2211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are also staying at the Luxor and I'm looking forward to it, the pool looks amazing 😊
Old 16 May 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Well we are home from our trip to LV & Cancun.
We understand why many say Luxor is a bit too far down the strip but overall we were very happy with our stay. Our lovely sons had arranged a surprise upgrade to a full suite and it was so spacious and peaceful - can never thank them enough (tearful mum moments).
Some hotels were amazing, Bellagio and Venetian esp but we also liked Mandalay Bay though it was even further south. Thought NYNY was a bit too busy for us but can see why it is recommended on here.
Don't think we would go back to Vegas but glad we went - did GC South Rim which was as our US friends say "Awesome".
Old 16 May 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Well we are home from our trip to LV & Cancun.
We understand why many say Luxor is a bit too far down the strip but overall we were very happy with our stay. Our lovely sons had arranged a surprise upgrade to a full suite and it was so spacious and peaceful - can never thank them enough (tearful mum moments).
Some hotels were amazing, Bellagio and Venetian esp but we also liked Mandalay Bay though it was even further south. Thought NYNY was a bit too busy for us but can see why it is recommended on here.
Don't think we would go back to Vegas but glad we went - did GC South Rim which was as our US friends say "Awesome".
Glad you had a good time. We are at Venetian at the moment and it's lovely. GC was the highlight of our first trip. Glad you were not disappointed by the Luxor. What a lovely thing for your sons to do. We like MB and were at there pool the other day, but a little too far south for us. Glad overall you liked it😀
Old 16 May 17, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Have a lovely time JoS.