Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Sep 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by janewah View Post
Sounds like an amazing trip! Thank you for sharing
Thanks janewah. Have a great honeymoon!

Old 11 Sep 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great trip TC and glad that you have shared it with us all.

We've only been to SF once as part of a multi-centre Boston, over to SF and back to Cape Cod. We were mere youngsters then though - only 62 years old. We were there in late June and the temperature in SF struggled to reached the mid-50s but the day we went to Yosemite it hit the low 90s.

We also went to Bubba Gumps and to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I remember the bill there for two being $148.

The only thing missing from your report is the photo that you took from halfway up Half dome which you said you'd attach.

Mick
Old 11 Sep 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sounds like a great trip TC and glad that you have shared it with us all.

We've only been to SF once as part of a multi-centre Boston, over to SF and back to Cape Cod. We were mere youngsters then though - only 62 years old. We were there in late June and the temperature in SF struggled to reached the mid-50s but the day we went to Yosemite it hit the low 90s.

We also went to Bubba Gumps and to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I remember the bill there for two being $148.

The only thing missing from your report is the photo that you took from halfway up Half dome which you said you'd attach.

Mick

Mick you're still youngsters. My MIL is 87 and she's got more get up and go than me. Mind you, that's not a great yardstick.

Yes the strangest thing re that photo. Must have forgotten to take it as we were setting up the tent halfway up the Dome.

Thanks for posting

TC

Old 11 Sep 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like you had a fab trip. We did a similar trip four years ago LA, up the one to SF, Yosemite, down to Lone Pine then we went through Death Valley and into Vegas. It was the year of the dreadful forest fire and we were due to stay at Evergreen Lodge just outside Yosemite for four nights but the fire was raging up there so only got to visit the valley for a couple of hours. We then had a hair raising drive over the Sonora Pass to get down to Lone Pine.

Anyhow thinking of going back next year and seeing Yosemite properly and also a few more nights in SF as we only had one night last time. Really want to see Muir Woods and take Dylan's Tour.

Thinking giving LA a miss and visiting San Diego and your great review has made me want to go even more.

It's a bit of a dream at the moment and I'll have to pursuade DH that he really does want to do another driving holiday.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Macca04 View Post
Sounds like you had a fab trip. We did a similar trip four years ago LA, up the one to SF, Yosemite, down to Lone Pine then we went through Death Valley and into Vegas. It was the year of the dreadful forest fire and we were due to stay at Evergreen Lodge just outside Yosemite for four nights but the fire was raging up there so only got to visit the valley for a couple of hours. We then had a hair raising drive over the Sonora Pass to get down to Lone Pine.

Anyhow thinking of going back next year and seeing Yosemite properly and also a few more nights in SF as we only had one night last time. Really want to see Muir Woods and take Dylan's Tour.

Thinking giving LA a miss and visiting San Diego and your great review has made me want to go even more.

It's a bit of a dream at the moment and I'll have to pursuade DH that he really does want to do another driving holiday.
Your drive to Lone Pine sounds scary!

Hope DH gets on board for next time.

Thanks for reading.

Edited at 08:07 AM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Fantastic write-up, glad you had a great trip. Can I ask how you got the discount code for Dylan's tour? We are interested in the same tour
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

That's an amazing write-up of your trip. We're arriving in San Francisco and staying at the Cow Hollow so it's good to know you've been and have nothing bad to report. We're also booked on Dylan's Tours but just the city tour, we plan to drive over to Sausalito on our own.

I had looked at our seat plan and saw that the plane had an upstairs. I wondered about trying to get seats up there when online check-in opens on Friday morning - would you recommend them? I don't know about getting fed last and getting off the plane last - that kind of puts me off.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us all.

PS had to edit, this post just earned me my final gold ear, I was so hoping to have it before I went on holiday! I'm a happy dibber.

Edited at 02:34 PM.
Jake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Fantastic write-up, glad you had a great trip. Can I ask how you got the discount code for Dylan's tour? We are interested in the same tour
Thanks.

I used the code 2017. I just checked and found a different code Holiday.

I would try both.
Old 12 Sep 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
That's an amazing write-up of your trip. We're arriving in San Francisco and staying at the Cow Hollow so it's good to know you've been and have nothing bad to report. We're also booked on Dylan's Tours but just the city tour, we plan to drive over to Sausalito on our own.

I had looked at our seat plan and saw that the plane had an upstairs. I wondered about trying to get seats up there when online check-in opens on Friday morning - would you recommend them? I don't know about getting fed last and getting off the plane last - that kind of puts me off.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us all.

PS had to edit, this post just earned me my final gold ear, I was so hoping to have it before I went on holiday! I'm a happy dibber.
Thanks Jackie.

Congratulations on your last ear.

Re seats maybe I would choose them again (or maybe the seats at the rear of the first Upper Deck WT cabin i.e. the middle section), but it was noticeable on both journies that the meal options ran out. I think we got the last curry, but the man in the same row couldn't have it. On the way out my DSs only had choice of curry and didn't want it, so they got an alternative presumably from another class.LAX Immigration had long queues. I'm not sure if it would have been a shorter wait in line if we got off quicker. I suppose it depends on the arrival of other flights. I suppose if we had to wait 2 hours it's better to start that wait a few minutes earlier. Hope I haven't confused you too much.

Old 12 Sep 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Not at all, that's fab, I'll chat to DH and see what he thinks. We're not particularly fussy eaters and tend to (oddly to some) quite enjoy plane food. We're due to check in on Friday morning for our flight on Saturday. I'm not sure what immigration at San Francisco is like, but we'll get through it in the end if it is a long wait.