Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Aug 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
30 Sept flight cancelled. Officially out of the running. What an experience this has been. As both legs of flight cancelled the manage my booking had cancellation options to move flight or refund. Took refund
Homewood Suites 2020
kingstefan21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I have a package booking with BA which is LHR to MCO outbound flight, a universal hotel, Miami hotel and MIA to LHR return flight.

When the LHR to MCO flight is inevitably cancelled in a couple of weeks, will I be able to get a refund for the deposit I’ve paid for the whole package? Or do I have to take a voucher as only one flight is cancelled?

We will be changing to a different destination, so wondering if we can look/book with anyone or if we need to go with BA because of the voucher.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
I have a package booking with BA which is LHR to MCO outbound flight, a universal hotel, Miami hotel and MIA to LHR return flight.

When the LHR to MCO flight is inevitably cancelled in a couple of weeks, will I be able to get a refund for the deposit I’ve paid for the whole package? Or do I have to take a voucher as only one flight is cancelled?

We will be changing to a different destination, so wondering if we can look/book with anyone or if we need to go with BA because of the voucher.
I think you'll get a refund option but I'm sure someone else will answer that with more confidence than I can. I've got two LHR to MIA flights on a BA holiday with car booking. So I'm not expecting a cancellation but who knows. In the event BA cancel one of your flights you should be able to get the refund.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Gasman66
Serious Dibber

So, our CW flight on the 2nd October now cancelled, so that is us out until 2023, will apply for refund once the 2nd leg cancelled.
Many thanks to SC for all the updates, and I really hope someone gets to go to Florida in the not to distant future..
Gasman66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
alysond
Apprentice Imagineer

We`ve had the dreaded email from BA to day informing us our flight from Gatwick to Tampa on 2nd October has been cancelled. I knew it was coming but seeing it in black and white is not nice. We booked originally 2 years ago to go to AMI on 15th May 2020. It was then moved back to May 2021, then to this October. We can`t delay any longer as we`re going to Canada to visit friends next year, so we`ll be asking for a refund.
If you told me in March 2020, when we delayed it by a year, that 18 months later there was still no sign of us going, I would never have believed it.
alysond is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by alysond View Post
If you told me in March 2020, when we delayed it by a year, that 18 months later there was still no sign of us going, I would never have believed it.
It’s unreal, isn’t it. Back in Feb/March things were looking so good.
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by alysond View Post
We`ve had the dreaded email from BA to day informing us our flight from Gatwick to Tampa on 2nd October has been cancelled. I knew it was coming but seeing it in black and white is not nice. We booked originally 2 years ago to go to AMI on 15th May 2020. It was then moved back to May 2021, then to this October. We can`t delay any longer as we`re going to Canada to visit friends next year, so we`ll be asking for a refund.
That was my flight too. This is my first cancellation when I know so many have had countless rebookings and cancellations.

Here's to 2022...

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
Latest family trip to Florida: Treasure Island, Universal October 2022
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We were due to fly today , and our flight into MIA is actually still going; in fact both BA flights into MIA are going today which seems unusual. Now on to plan the next one!
WindyMiller2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
minniemam
Serious Dibber

minniemam's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just looked on my BA account & see our outgoing flight LGW to MCO, 30th Sept, is now cancelled. No email. It is a flight & hotel booking so on the phone for the 5th time trying to get a refund. Loooong morning ...
Old 31 Aug 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Are they only issuing refunds once the return flight is cancelled too?

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
Latest family trip to Florida: Treasure Island, Universal October 2022
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread