Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 12 Jun 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

M&S Food

I’ve always liked M&S food, but have only shopped there occasionally due to logistics and cost for a family of 5.
However, a new M&S store with food hall has recently opened nearby and we popped there today to get some bits for a nice cold ready to eat meal for the two of us.
Everything was delicious and worth the little extra cost.
I know some say that their food is produced at the same factory as other supermarkets etc, but I can honestly say, we could taste the difference to Tesco and Sainsbury’s where we usually shop.

Anyone else think there’s a difference?

I know Mr T shops there too and rates their food 👍
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Totally agree, M&S food is superior and we shop there for special occasion meals

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

I agree, and they always seem to come up with new ideas for dinners which I love, our local store has a fresh sushi bar which we had as a treat for dinner tonight, it was delicious

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Someone mentioned me! We shop there every week but I’m a bone idle cook so use a lot of their prepared stuff. Always good quality and not as expensive as people think.

For some reason we have seen our bills drop a bit and they are circa £52 a week now whereas they were a lot more.

That doesn’t include any booze mind.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I love their ready made pastas, the prawn one and mushroom one are delicious. Dh loves all their cakes and buys all sorts in there, I can’t think of anything I don’t like. Dh got £75 marks voucher for Christmas and we spent it on food!
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

M&S food is defiantly superior to say Waitrose or Sainsbury

AS I have said before I worked in a pea processing paint (many years ago as a student ) and M&S we’re the only company to order the top grade peas and even thou processed in same factory they employed double the people on the pea belt. I worked in the lab and to grade AAA peas was rare - M&S had the lot no matter how many or few.

My friends family also own a bakery that makes Battenberg and she said the recipe for M&S is different from all the others (and she only buys food from thier food halls)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

We shop more at M&S these days than anywhere..I think the quality is way better,to be honest just being the 2 of us I don't really think their pricing is too bad.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
M&S food is defiantly superior to say Waitrose or Sainsbury

AS I have said before I worked in a pea processing paint (many years ago as a student ) and M&S we’re the only company to order the top grade peas and even thou processed in same factory they employed double the people on the pea belt. I worked in the lab and to grade AAA peas was rare - M&S had the lot no matter how many or few.

My friends family also own a bakery that makes Battenberg and she said the recipe for M&S is different from all the others (and she only buys food from thier food halls)
Mmm, M and S Battenberg. Lovely, better than the others.

However the biggest mistake Marksys made was ditching Avana Bakeries in Cardiff as their cake supplier. They are still good but not like they were.

I can still taste that Walnut cake.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I absolutely love M&S food, and being able to shop there regularly is one thing I really miss about living in the UK!

I'm not sure about tasting the difference but I remember almost always getting perfect fruit from M&S (compared to Sainsbury's/Tesco) - pears were always juicy and clementines were never sour!

(We have M&S where I am, but at a ridiculous markup, so I only get to buy it as a treat these days... As an example one of those tubs of chocolate cornflake clusters sells for more than £6 here, or two for a bit over £10! And a bag of milk chocolatey caramels are about £2.50. Don't get me started on the seasonal things that appear around Christmas! I really love browsing the M&S food hall though...)
Old 12 Jun 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Last few weeks we've had some nice freebies from our Sparks card😋
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List