Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 20 Jun 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

sad to see Liverpool shop close x

Edited at 05:33 PM.
evergreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I used to take my children to the Trafford Centre store for a browse but would rarely pay the prices they demanded. Just too expensive for tat from China.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
HakunaMatata
Helping Minnie

What sad news

Glenbrook villas 2009
Highgrove villas 2011
AKL and HRH 2019
Should have been AoA 2020
We're trying again...Highlands reserve villas 2022

HakunaMatata is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Oh no we love a trip to Bluewater just to visit the Disneystore and Legostore.
Old 20 Jun 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
almcg
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by belfastbabe View Post
Oh no! More bad news! We have one here in Belfast and I love to pop in when I’m in town to enjoy the Disney atmosphere. The staff are always lovely - sorry to hear
I’m in Banbridge and a day out to Belfast always included The Disney Store. My heart breaks for the staff involved
almcg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

Thats a shame, I hate using their website as with the postage costs it doesn't make it viable for me buying little bits as and when (like pins that are limited so you need to get them on the day of release) and if i wait til there's a few items, something always goes out of stock. I also find the stores have different stuff to the website.

Our pop up store closed in lockdown and I miss that but didn't mind the trek to Liverpool or Manchester stores as I could combine it with other things. Always a place to go and get a disney fix between holidays too.
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

This is a real shame, I love to go into the Cardiff store, and listen to Disney music and get a small Disney fix. The staff there are always so happy and friendly.
The small one in Swansea hasn't been open very long and is very small but I will still miss it.
There will soon be no reason to go into towns and cities
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
This is a real shame, I love to go into the Cardiff store, and listen to Disney music and get a small Disney fix. The staff there are always so happy and friendly.
The small one in Swansea hasn't been open very long and is very small but I will still miss it.
There will soon be no reason to go into towns and cities
I will really miss the store I have to be honest

I also really miss the old Disney Store in the older part of St David’s with the large pile of soft toys at the back of the store.

I remember running up the ramp at the side of the store, fascinated by all the Disney characters in the windows when I was younger. Sad that children won’t get to experience this anymore.
Old 20 Jun 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Xmas shopping Means the Disney store ! Gutted
JessBlu is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
To be fair, it used to be a great shop with adult sized clothes and homeware along with the kids stuff. These days it's more of an over priced toyshop. ...
Sad, but true.

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
...I also really miss the old Disney Store in the older part of St David’s with the large pile of soft toys at the back of the store. ...
Ahh, plush mountain!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List