Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jul 21, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I would have been tempted for a laugh, except I didn’t see it fully. When we got the keys the house was one of the grimmest things I have ever seen. We did our best on the Monday before we moved the furniture in, but I let DH deal with that.
I was off work the Tuesday and I had the joy of trying to deep clean the kitchen, I had 3 showers 😂

I was in the bath the second day and DH came in for a wee as we only have only the one toilet at the min, and I caught a glimpse of the under side of the toilet seat. It’s now well and truly in the bin 🙈 some people have no shame. I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed our last house and it wasn’t even dirty

Some people really are filthy dirty skanks.

We did a house swap years ago. Same as you, I left our house spotless. Could not believe the state of the house we moved in to. Amazing what people can 'hide' for viewings. The oven was the pits. Just so happened that the couple we swapped with had children at the same school as ours (different drop off points... They recognised the uniform in photos). Anyway the filthy mare had the guts to walk round to the playground I was in, apologise for packing the grill pan and handed me the said pan. It had that thick crust of black crap on that can't be hacked off 🤣. We were in that house for 6 months. DH had to bring me home a new oven because we were getting fed up of stove top meals and I wanted to cook a roast for Christmas 😂

The worst was the house we viewed that had glass milk bottles full of pee dotted around rooms and on each stair 🙈. I always thought I could see past people's crap when house viewing. Not this time 😂

Anyway I've waffled enough. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your house when it's done. I am so in awe of anyone taking on a project. Stresses me just thinking about it.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Day 9 of the builders and day 15 in the house

The new kitchen is plastered and wired up ready for the units coming on thurs

The downstairs toilet is also plumbed in, and sort of has a door (we asked them to use a door from another room)

They were super ahead, but haven’t been able to fit the window yet due to the rain.

We had a plasterer 3 days, but unfortunately has found that all the ceilings, and a few of the walls need boarding as they had failed

He tried to skim the ceiling in the box room but it’s not artex as we thought but textured paper so it slid off 🙈

So the kitchen/utility is on plan, but as the whole house needs plastering before we can paint and carpet that’s going to be slower than hoped, as availability of plasterers is really tricky!

Plodding on though and we’ve been trying to tidy the garden between rain storms, and done several tip runs
Old 7 Jul 21, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Day 9 of the builders and day 15 in the house

The new kitchen is plastered and wired up ready for the units coming on thurs

The downstairs toilet is also plumbed in, and sort of has a door (we asked them to use a door from another room)

They were super ahead, but haven’t been able to fit the window yet due to the rain.

We had a plasterer 3 days, but unfortunately has found that all the ceilings, and a few of the walls need boarding as they had failed

He tried to skim the ceiling in the box room but it’s not artex as we thought but textured paper so it slid off 🙈

So the kitchen/utility is on plan, but as the whole house needs plastering before we can paint and carpet that’s going to be slower than hoped, as availability of plasterers is really tricky!

Plodding on though and we’ve been trying to tidy the garden between rain storms, and done several tip runs
Bad luck about the plastering, we had to have both bathrooms, the old part as well as the new part of the kitchen and the brick in the conservatory boarded before it could be plastered. With hindsight we could have done with our bedroom ceiling as well but are just going to tape the cracks that have reappeared😢

Can’t believe how much you have done in the same number of days as it took us that number of months! Fantastic😁
Old 12 Jul 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Sorry I have been AWOL, the kitchen cabinets arrived on Thursday, and the weather was finally good enough to get the window in.

2 days with the cabinets and the kitchen now looks like this

Edited at 06:26 PM.
mitch84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Wow! That looks fantastic, you have achieved loads. It must feel good to see the kitchen framework going in. 😁 xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Bad luck about the plastering, we had to have both bathrooms, the old part as well as the new part of the kitchen and the brick in the conservatory boarded before it could be plastered. With hindsight we could have done with our bedroom ceiling as well but are just going to tape the cracks that have reappeared😢

Can’t believe how much you have done in the same number of days as it took us that number of months! Fantastic😁
Sorry, missed this. They have been excellent and really do power through, especially since it is just the two of them.
We’re going to have to board all the ceilings in the house I think which is a bummer, not just as it’s going to be really expensive, but we’ve been let down again today so goodness knows when we’ll get it done. Kitchen should be mostly operational by the weekend though which is mega exciting..
Old 12 Jul 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Wow! That looks fantastic, you have achieved loads. It must feel good to see the kitchen framework going in. 😁 xx
It is! It’s massive. So many units. I don’t know what I’m going to put in them all 😂
Old 12 Jul 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Woooop! Brilliant progress 🤩🤩
Old 12 Jul 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What - no Labrador photos? Where is he? Seriously though, looking really good, great progress.

Edited at 10:06 PM.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by 4fromsuffolk View Post
What - no Labrador photos? Where is he? Seriously though, looking really good, great progress.
I think he was outside on cat guarding duty. Those slippery moggies keep threatening to go in his garden.
I’ll get him in the next ones