Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jun 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Splitting up west coast trip

Hi all, we have been planning a west coast trip on and off since last year, we initially wanted to do a big 3 week trip, for various reasons we might have to split it to two trips and would like some opinions on how to do it, these are the places we were planning on visiting on a round trip flying in and out of LAX, LA, San Diego, Palm Springs, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Yosemite, San Francisco, Monterey, Santa Barbara and Anaheim, with a mix of 1,2 or 3 nights, any suggestions?
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
CADisneymum
Excited about Disney

I would split it into 2 trips to get the full benefit. I would do southern CA with Grand Canyon and Vegas in one trip and northern CA in a second trip. I would minimise your time in LA. I hate LA. A lot of people underestimate the size of CA. 😊

Trip 1 not in order; LA, San Diego, SB, Anaheim, Santa Barbara ( I love SB. One of my favourite places in CA other than my hometown), Palm Springs and Grand Canyon (although a bit out of the way).
Trip 2 not in order: San Francisco, Monterey, Yosemite. I would go to Napa as well and maybe a sneaky trip to Lake Tahoe. Yosemite is stunning.
CADisneymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CADisneymum View Post
I would split it into 2 trips to get the full benefit. I would do southern CA with Grand Canyon and Vegas in one trip and northern CA in a second trip. I would minimise your time in LA. I hate LA. A lot of people underestimate the size of CA. 😊

Trip 1 not in order; LA, San Diego, SB, Anaheim, Santa Barbara ( I love SB. One of my favourite places in CA other than my hometown), Palm Springs and Grand Canyon (although a bit out of the way).
Trip 2 not in order: San Francisco, Monterey, Yosemite. I would go to Napa as well and maybe a sneaky trip to Lake Tahoe. Yosemite is stunning.
Thanks so much for that reply that’s really helpful, can I ask where your home town is?😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
CADisneymum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Thanks so much for that reply that’s really helpful, can I ask where your home town is?😀
I am from San Diego but have lived in Ireland ages.. 😊 Hence the name 😂.

Edited at 10:24 PM.
CADisneymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CADisneymum View Post
I am from San Diego but have lived in Ireland ages.. 😊 Hence the name 😂.
I can’t wait to see San Diego, we’ve visited everywhere else on a trip many years ago but it will be our first time to San Diego😀
Old 29 Jun 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are visiting SD October 🙏.
One tip, if you are staying in any of the national parks then book your accommodation a year out, they book up fast and as a lot of Americans staying in the US due to covid it will book up even quicker.
Whatever you decide have a lovely time!
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
CADisneymum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
I can’t wait to see San Diego, we’ve visited everywhere else on a trip many years ago but it will be our first time to San Diego😀
Let me know if you need any advice. 😊
Old 29 Jun 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would like the others, break it into two trips.
Trip 1.
San Francisco, Yosemite , Monterey, Big Sur, Hearst Castle, Madonna Inn , Santa Monica, Anaheim, San Diego and home.

Trip 2, Lax, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Phoenix then fly somewhere else, Maybe Orlando?

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Palm Springs is lovely, but I wouldn’t recommend visiting it in the summer - it often gets to the high 40’s c . We have visited a few times in February, and it is in the low 30’s c then.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

I’d definitely split it into two trips, we’ve had several California visits and always cram too much in. We’re planning another trip in 2022/23 and it’s definitely going to be slower paced, we love SD and aim to stay there a little longer instead of dashing off to another location.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List