Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jul 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
Would you do little updates for this group on how you get on? I was thinking of doing a pre trip and trip report so at least there’s something for people to refer back to who are also thinking of doing this.
Yes, if we get to go, will do some updates. Still trying to decide on what to do, and not long to do it!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

If we get the Dubrovnik - JFK direct Delta flight, but drove from from europe
(no passport scan at Croatian border), how do we prove we've been outside the schengen zone (in Croatia) for 14/15 days?
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
If we get the Dubrovnik - JFK direct Delta flight, but drove from from europe
(no passport scan at Croatian border), how do we prove we've been outside the schengen zone (in Croatia) for 14/15 days?
I have no idea I’m afraid. Perhaps receipts for hotels might help?

We’re planning to take everything with us to the airport, just in case, although our passport should be a sufficient indicator of when we left the U.K. and arrived in Mexico.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

We’re planning to take everything with us to the airport, just in case, although our passport should be a sufficient indicator of when we left the U.K. and arrived in Mexico.
I'm guessing when Border Officers scan your passport it shows travel history? But we won't have anything other than exiting the UK into France on a ferry
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

I've never been to Mexico before, but I presume like the US and Canada (where we have been) that they'll stamp our passports.

Whilst we've not received the additional cost for the change of flight from BA, can't believe we are still waiting, as far as we're concerned, in just over a fortnight, we'll be flying to Cancun :o)

I have to say that as and when we're sat on that flight, it's going to seem very surreal 😊
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
I've never been to Mexico before, but I presume like the US and Canada (where we have been) that they'll stamp our passports.

Whilst we've not received the additional cost for the change of flight from BA, can't believe we are still waiting, as far as we're concerned, in just over a fortnight, we'll be flying to Cancun :o)

I have to say that as and when we're sat on that flight, it's going to seem very surreal 😊
If it's any consolation, I changed my outbound flight on my holiday in January. I am STILL waiting for them to reissue the ticket. When I queried it, I was told they are working in date order-I fly next month. Good luck, we can't wait to hear how you get on
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post

Last time I went to Mexico , no stamp in passport. So you may have to ask for it upon entry.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Surely passports with e-chips are scanned, digital record logged, no need for stamp? Doesn't help us much when we entered Croatia from Italy, though.
Old 11 Jul 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Billoo
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I would recommend asking for a stamp in any third country as this really does help.

Each time I’ve travelled, the check in staff wanted proof of me being outside the U.K, however, this was never asked of me at US immigration (they simply asked where I was arriving from).
Billoo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Billoo View Post
I would recommend asking for a stamp in any third country as this really does help.

Each time I’ve travelled, the check in staff wanted proof of me being outside the U.K, however, this was never asked of me at US immigration (they simply asked where I was arriving from).
What proof did you show? Am guessing the Air Serbia are responsible for bringing you back if US don't allow you through immigration.