Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jul 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Just checked, we booked through BA as we had some slack Avios to use up… but the same dates with TUI for hotel only are coming out at £2086
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
We paid £1870 for the hotel for 14 nights. Definitely not £8-12k.

We’re booked from 20 Aug - 3 September so I don’t know if the dates change things. That and there are only 2 of us + 1 infant.

ETA we booked yesterday.
I was looked end of July into August. Maybe a supply/demand thing - you'll be benefitting from suppressed US visitors then with schools back etc.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Just checked, we booked through BA as we had some slack Avios to use up… but the same dates with TUI for hotel only are coming out at £2086
Sorry to pester, but you believe that once you've got your hotel lateral flow test results, it'll just be a case of showing that to the airline, and if they're satisfied, they'll let you board.

We'll have to get our own testing done in the town.

But any necessity to self isolate in the US is advisory only.

Thanks.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Yep that’s correct.

No requirement to self-isolate in the state of Florida so you’re all good on that front
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It is good to see positivity and the determination of Dibbers on this thread BUT please, please do your research (as posters on here are doing). Know exactly what the terms and conditions of any travel/hotel arrangements you may make and prepare a basic backup plan for a possible change that may happen - contact details of airlines/hotels (the obvious really) etc.

I'm not trying to "teach grandma" but being in possession of basic information can really help in these circumstances and can do away with any initial panic if something does happen. External events (earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and more) have happened to me and my go to list has proved invaluable in getting organsied.

This is advice that applies to any trip but when the added complcations of Covid rear their ugly head then it adds a further level complexity.

Good luck everyone with your planning.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Can't get through to BA... just keep getting cut off. I'll try later.

And I can't change the destination of the flight on Manage my Booking... only dates times etc.

What a pain.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
It is good to see positivity and the determination of Dibbers on this thread BUT please, please do your research (as posters on here are doing). Know exactly what the terms and conditions of any travel/hotel arrangements you may make and prepare a basic backup plan for a possible change that may happen - contact details of airlines/hotels (the obvious really) etc.

I'm not trying to "teach grandma" but being in possession of basic information can really help in these circumstances and can do away with any initial panic if something does happen. External events (earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and more) have happened to me and my go to list has proved invaluable in getting organsied.

This is advice that applies to any trip but when the added complcations of Covid rear their ugly head then it adds a further level complexity.

Good luck everyone with your planning.
Thanks, Stanley :-) I'm hoping this thread will help to iron out all the things that we need to consider - even down to the smallest things that you might forget to think about! So makes perfect sense to me. I honestly don't know if travelling via somewhere else is even a good idea, but so desperate to get to Florida and won't be able to go for another 12 months if we don't make it this August!
bwfc4ife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Yep that’s correct.

No requirement to self-isolate in the state of Florida so you’re all good on that front
Thanks for all of the info... really appreciate it.

With regards to risks... we've got a similar level of risk with our trip to Europe, so I still think it's worth a punt.

On with BA again, using the book a new flight option on the phone :o)
Old 7 Jul 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
Can't get through to BA... just keep getting cut off. I'll try later.

And I can't change the destination of the flight on Manage my Booking... only dates times etc.

What a pain.
As you have found out it isn't possible to change a destination of the flight online - it is more complicated than you think.

Good luck when you try later, have a piece of paper and pen when you ring them, ask them what your options are and write them down then you have something to refer to when discussing what you want to do.

Edited to add - check fully your insurance cover for the proposed journey if you haven't had a chance already.

Edited at 11:21 AM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Just to give an update, I eventually got through to someone at BA's South Africa office.

A very long conversation, but the upshot was that because we'd upgraded our seats to Premium Economy, that he couldn't change the destination there and then.

He said it's much more complicated on their systems, and that they'll email me back in a day or two.

It'll then just be a case of what the additional cost is.

I used Kayak to get prices for the Cancun to MCO flights. Bit concerning on there, because it says "Unvaccinated visitors from the United Kingdom will not be allowed to enter the United States."

Not sure how accurate that is... we will be double jabbed, but it'll be a case of whether they accept it.

Anyway we'll see what BA come back with, and go from there.

So we could well still be going to Florida after all.

All the best to anyone reading this, either doing the same, or thinking of doing the same :o)