Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jul 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve stayed at Hyatt house and hotel indigo, both walking distance to the parks. We preferred Hyatt house out of the 2 but that was brand new when we stayed there.
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by emmabanana View Post
We’ve stayed at Hyatt house and hotel indigo, both walking distance to the parks. We preferred Hyatt house out of the 2 but that was brand new when we stayed there.
The Hyatt looks good. Added to the list
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
knotts/knotts-berry-farm-hotel

knotts farm well worth a look and stay, not to far from Disney
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

It's normal for Disneyland to not be available for next year yet. It's not really marketed as a destination for Brits like Disney World is, and US visitors don't book more than a few months out on average.

Hotel wise, the BW Park Place is pretty much the closest, being directly opposite the pedestrian entrance. Usually includes free breakfast as well. Seen lots of good reviews for HoJo though. I'd stay at either, although the BW would win for me for the short walk.

6 nights is a pretty long trip for just Disneyland though, it's quite a small park. Very similar to DLP.

Edited at 12:18 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pritch View Post
knotts/knotts-berry-farm-hotel

knotts farm well worth a look and stay, not to far from Disney
That’s got to be five or six miles away - think they are after walking distance to DL.
Old 23 Jul 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
It's normal for Disneyland to not be available for next year yet. It's not really marketed as a destination for Brits like Disney World is, and US visitors don't book more than a few months out on average.

Hotel wise, the BW Park Place is pretty much the closest, being directly opposite the pedestrian entrance. Usually includes free breakfast as well. Seen lots of good reviews for HoJo though. I'd stay at either, although the BW would win for me for the short walk.

6 nights is a pretty long trip for just Disneyland though, it's quite a small park. Very similar to DLP.
I have looked at that location but the pool is pretty poor. I notice not many have particularly big pool areas but we do like a little pool time.

In terms of days we definitely will use two days in each park. This I think we will be a one off trip. DW and the girls will spend a day alone in the shops in Disneyland If it looks like we have too much time there then on the middle day we will take a day trip out somewhere else maybe Knotts Berry.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

familyreviewguide/18-dis...ls-bunks-beds/

I found this page when I was looking which may be useful to you.

From what I understand the Hyatt at the convention centre is next to one of the Disney parking lots and you can jump on the buses from there so much better than walking if it's hot.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
familyreviewguide/18-dis...ls-bunks-beds/

I found this page when I was looking which may be useful to you.

From what I understand the Hyatt at the convention centre is next to one of the Disney parking lots and you can jump on the buses from there so much better than walking if it's hot.
Thanks for that
Old 23 Jul 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

The hyatt house was amazing 3 years ago when we did a similar trip
(except we went a little crazy and started at Fort lauderdale for 2 nights 10 night Disneyworld 7 nights Disneyland 4 nights Vegas and then back to Orlando for another 7 night before going home.
1 amazing trip but... the time difference killed me on the way back to orlando for some reason. It was amazing to do both Disneys in one trip
gh015c4116 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by gh015c4116 View Post
The hyatt house was amazing 3 years ago when we did a similar trip
(except we went a little crazy and started at Fort lauderdale for 2 nights 10 night Disneyworld 7 nights Disneyland 4 nights Vegas and then back to Orlando for another 7 night before going home.
1 amazing trip but... the time difference killed me on the way back to orlando for some reason. It was amazing to do both Disneys in one trip
Wow That’s quite a trip!