Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Aug 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
GillyD
Very Serious Dibber

Fast Pass Not Returning - Confirmed

Disney Parks Blog has officially announced that the free version of FastPass/FastPass+ at Walt Disney World Resort and FASTPASS/MaxPass at Disneyland Resort will be retired. Instead, Disney is introducing the Disney Genie along with a new Disney Genie+ “Lightning Lane” queue system, a paid iteration of FastPass. It will be rolled out sometime this fall, though an official debut date wasn’t released.
GillyD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Craftylee
Helping Mickey

Charge per person, per day. These companies really will do anything to squeeze every penny (or in this case cent) out of people.
And the worst part is this isn’t anything new, just the same thing we’ve already had for years for FREE, just under a new name
Craftylee is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Adds another cost and will probably mean that next year's trip to Disney will be our last
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Free Fastpasses Gone From WDW & DLC

Just seen reports from the Disney blogs that free fastpasses are now being removed from WDW and DLC, after a trial for PAID fast passes at DLP!

I’ve only been able to scan the article (should be sleeping), but essentially it’s $20 per day at DLC and $15 per day at WDW, and there are still limits on amounts you can book.

I *think* there will be a couple of freebies available on there, but haven’t fully looked.

Oh, and the new parks app (Genie) will plan your day around the park, and tell you your itinerary, and where you should go next!

Got to be honest, we were planning on going next year as my nephews and SIL have never been. I was getting concerned about prices already, but this is the final nail in the coffin I think.

We can’t afford $140 per day for potentially 21 days, on top of the $20+ car parking and the overpriced park tickets. It’s absolutely ridiculous!

I think we will hold off and see if this plan is scrapped by 2022. If not, I can’t see us going anymore
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JoolsM
Having Dinner with Goofy

I can’t see any massive incentive for on-site guests so far. A couple of hours head start on booking a single ride via an upgrade we still have to pay extra for? I don’t think so.

We were debating booking SSR again when it becomes available for our dates next month or getting a villa for about half the price. I guess we’ll now be doing the latter & using the saving to pay for Genie+ & LL. We are a family of 7 so $15 per person per day, plus whatever the surge pricing will be for Top Tier rides mid-July will soon mount up.

Whatever Disney gain from us this way they have just lost in hotel stay, food & beverages. Unless they reveal extra benefits for onsite guests soon anyway.

I’m really not at all happy.

Edited at 11:20 PM.
JoolsM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I think that the park tickets are fantastic value and not overpriced, but agree on the rest

We will not go again if you lay for fast passes and no ddp
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
I think the cost is probably less than I was expecting and it is bundled (though not for the headliners), but this is awful news for us Dibbers coming from the uk. $15 per person, per day is a lots of extra money to pay, and for something we had free previously. Staying onsite is looking seriously crazy now, so much more expensive than it was just a few years ago, due to this, parking charges and loss of free dining plan. Need to have some serious thought about my planned stay at the yacht club 😢
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I think that the park tickets are fantastic value and not overpriced, but agree on the rest

We will not go again if you lay for fast passes and no ddp
It’s such a shame. We haven’t been since 2013, and so much has changed there. We were so excited to go, and couldn’t wait to show the little ones.

Unless some kind of package comes up for U.K. visitors?

I did DLC in 2019, and you could pay $15 (I think) per day for Maxpass, but that was photos and fast passes. As there was only me there on a solo trip, I chose it mainly for the photographs. However, I only used it on 2 of my 4 days there. If we had all been there, then I would have just bought 1 for the photo pass element, but again, not for every day.

Doing this with a family in school holidays will be a nightmare. I can imagine that without paying, you won’t get on most of the “big” rides
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

As far as I can see Genie is nothing new, you can already see wait times on the app, you can already mobile order, you can already check table service reservations. So if I tell Genie I like Pixar and it tells me Toy Story Mania is quiet at 3pm, then isn’t every man and his dog going to see the same info and go then too. Am I missing something? And as for Genie+ All I can say is would you pay to get into the cinema and then pay again to watch the film?
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Memories4You View Post
As far as I can see Genie is nothing new, you can already see wait times on the app, you can already mobile order, you can already check table service reservations. So if I tell Genie I like Pixar and it tells me Toy Story Mania is quiet at 3pm, then isn’t every man and his dog going to see the same info and go then too. Am I missing something? And as for Genie+ All I can say is would you pay to get into the cinema and then pay again to watch the film?
Yes, I wonder about the itinerary suggestions as well. In theory it's great, but (to use the example in their demo video) the reason BTM is quiet in the mornings is because the vast majority head to Fantasyland first. That won't be the case if you're suddenly directing a ton of guests over there.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List