Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
We’ve got a 5 night booking with dining credit and 14 day tickets for next summer, but we also have a 2 day non expiry ticket from a previous trip.

I’m tempted to sack off the 5 nights with dining credit, and change that to 3 nights onsite whilst using the 2 day tickets we have, and potentially an after hours event. I would potentially pay for 2 days worth of these new passes, I wouldn’t pay is I was going to have the 14 day tickets.

I also qualify for a DAS pass, but with not having to show any sort of proof (unless that’s changed) it does make me wonder how many people will
abuse this system? (I’m more than happy to show proof)

There’s a lot to think about as Disney is such a lot of money, will have to have a proper look at it when I’m home from my break.
American Law doesn't allow them to ask for proof unfortunately.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
Sadly what will happen is people that dont need a DAS will DAS a fop then use those two hours to line up for or Genie+ a few rides in those hours as if they are scum they wont have any issues getting in line at all.

I always take my sons diagnose letter, in the vain hope one day disney might ask to see it.
They will be many people in the USA will not be able to access services to get diagnosed, not everyone has equal access to free health care. Not having a diagnose doesn't mean someone is not disabled, it's a shame a some abuse the system however to be honest I prefer that to genuine people being denied allowances to makes things easier for them.
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Haven’t done an on-site Disney stay for three years, but done lots of Universal on-site stays before then and twice in 2018 and 2019. It’s so much more relaxing.

But I do want to do my big disney trip with my granddaughter in 2023, and we do want to stay at the Yacht Club just so we can walk to two parks.

We will probably pay for the Genie + and Lightening Lane, just because we want it to be magical.
But I’m used to having a 14 day itinerary when I stay on-site at Disney with my 3 fastpasses and ADRs all booked in months before we go.

Of course we often change/ cancel plans at the last minute, but it’s good to have them in place before you go. You know what you are going to be able to do over the whole fortnight, you know if you have got Slinky, FOP, Tower of Terror, etc.

This way, you only know on the day what you can get, even if you pay for it. What if the rides you want don’t fit in with your ADR’s?

I used to spend hours ( as I’m sure we all did!) modifying FP’s with ADRs to make best use of our park hours. We are early risers and like to be out of the park by lunchtime and return early evening.

Extra evening hours will be no good for us when we go in 2023 as we will have a five year old with us she won’t be able to stay awake.

Just planning on the day fills me with dread if I’m honest.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
going cheap n cheerful next august for 17 days (hotel £422 stayed there before) , then onto a few cruises with carnival and 5 days on the cocoa beach

will use hotel transport to save on parking at Disney, if standby more than 30 mins will look elsewhere for a ride will have all the time to mooch about.

I think Disney have cottoned onto how much money people have burning a hole in their pockets. This will price those on a budget out and in the end .they will ultimately loose out when people stop going

We cant all afford 2 nights in the star wars hotel ! .
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Most of the attractions on the Genie+ are ones that you don’t really need a fast pass for anyway, unless you’re going on one of the busiest days of the year. It’s like when they used to offer Fast Pass+ for some of the secondary attractions - you’d get there and the fast pass queue was no quicker than the regular one.
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Most of the attractions on the Genie+ are ones that you don’t really need a fast pass for anyway, unless you’re going on one of the busiest days of the year. It’s like when they used to offer Fast Pass+ for some of the secondary attractions - you’d get there and the fast pass queue was no quicker than the regular one.
Well no-one knows that for sure. It’s not clear what rides will feature and what won’t. Some people are suggesting there will only be two rides from each park that will be lightning plus, if that’s true then there will still be a good few rides on each park that are worth getting a fast pass for. If that isn’t the case then yes I’d tend to agree.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

I might be in the minority here but I don’t think the new system is bad …fair enough there’s only 2 of us so £20 a day (when doing a full day ) for genie + I’ll happily pay for especially including btm and smugglers run etc and I’ll just wait and see what the wait times are for the headliners either first thing or later on in the day
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Should be useful once the ‘Dick Turpin’ ride opens and adds to the pain of the Peppa Pig theme park
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Although not confirmed by Disney yet, a guy with inside sources at WDW says that these are the likely Genie+ and Lightning Lane attractions they are looking at:

MK

“it’s a small world”
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Enchanted Tails with Belle
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Mad Tea Party
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Peter Pan’s Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (*Individual LL only)
Space Mountain (*Individual LL only)
Splash Mountain
The Barnstormer
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Tomorrowland Speedway
Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid

Epcot

Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
Frozen Ever After
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Living with the Land
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (*Individual LL only. Will also be a virtual queue.)
Soarin’ Around the World
Spaceship Earth
Test Track (*Individual LL only)
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush

HS

Alien Swirling Saucers
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
MuppetVision 3D
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
Slinky Dog Dash (*Individual LL only)
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (*Individual LL only. Will also be a virtual queue.)
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania

AK

Avatar Flight of Passage (*Individual LL only)
DINOSAUR
Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
It’s Tough to be a Bug
Kalie River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safaris (*Individual LL only)
Na’vi River Journey
The Animation Experience at Conservation Station
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
I might be in the minority here but I don’t think the new system is bad …fair enough there’s only 2 of us so £20 a day (when doing a full day ) for genie + I’ll happily pay for especially including btm and smugglers run etc and I’ll just wait and see what the wait times are for the headliners either first thing or later on in the day
It’s $15 for WDW, but the smaller your party your obviously going to be less hit. Those that have big families are going to add up pretty easily. It also depends how many days you plan to spend at Disney, only a few days and it’s not too bad at all, but if your at Disney for the full 14 days or maybe 10, that’s still a considerable amount of money that you now have to pay for something that was previously free (and covered more rides). If you want the headliners then it obviously adds up even more. Let alone the number of other perks Disney has taken away recently and the constant ticket price increases over the years.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List