Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 29 Aug 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Costco

We are now members of Costco. It was a spare of the moment decision because I was desperate for the Disney Christmas figures 🙈🙈
So now that we are members I want to try and claw back the membership cost and make it worth while, if that makes sense.
I looked around and spent a fortune but now I don’t think I actually saved anything on what it would normally cost at Tesco. I purchased a shed load of toilet rolls (cushelle) but they are a similar price at tesco, if not cheaper 😬😬
So what do you all buy from Costco thats a bargain ?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

If your Costco has a petrol station use it, they are normally cheaper than supermarkets ones and have better fuel
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I've been a member for a year and doubt I've saved anything. We go for a few hours out (saddo's) and to stock up on things we use regularly to store in the garage.

I buy microwave rice, toilet roll, dishwasher tablets, washing machine tablets, 2L bottles of pop or cans, rollover hotdogs (don't judge ), tubs of Haribo for the nieces and nephews and cake. The mince pies are amazing. We also like the muffins and mini Victoria sponges.

We'll have food from the food court on the way out when I'm not on a diet. The slices of pizza are great value and very tasty.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

We buy a fair amount but have a large family so it gets used pretty quick.
We do get toilet roll,the cheapest one is usually a good deal,not always cushelle.We also buy milk,eggs (box of 60 is around £5),wraps (2 boys with asd will only eat wraps not bread,3 packs of 8 wraps is £1.99).Cat food and cat litter,clothes for the kids sometimes ,got a great winter coat for ds for £19.99.Often buy fruit and veg,not cheaper necessarily but really good quality,frozen fruit too,1kg of rasperries £6.Also buy washing detergent,greaseproof paper,foil,bin bags etc.Not to mention the odd treat like ghiradelli chocolate😍
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I'd forgotten about the Dole pineapple fingers. Great quality. I try to buy a pack every time I visit.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Kirkland toilet roll... Kirkland batteries (they are actually Duracell )... there cooked chickens...pack 6 mini Victoria sandwich cakes fresh... cook your own bread rolls... fresh pork steaks ... bottled water ... gin... frozen cheesecake factory cheesecake... and any of the offers they have for members in there leaflet or look online
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

I tend to look for the email and what is on special offer. Frozen Chicken nuggets are good as is fresh meat. Always end up with a roast chicken and buy petrol there. The birthday cakes are great value too 😊
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I think my Son lives in Costco as he rings me twice a week from there!

I think he only goes for the free food nibbles

As a 2 person household we could never make it financially worthwhile but we piggy back on his Membership and get some wine and a few other things but not enough to cover the Membership cost.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I think my Son lives in Costco as he rings me twice a week from there!

I think he only goes for the free food nibbles

As a 2 person household we could never make it financially worthwhile but we piggy back on his Membership and get some wine and a few other things but not enough to cover the Membership cost.
My children would love to go twice a week too 🤣 they loved it, it reminded them of Walmart & Target plus the food samples were bonus 👍🏻👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

We always go round with the Tesco page open on our phone so we can search if we are getting a good deal or not.
Things we always buy are Andrex, kitchen towel, salt for our water softener, avocados (these are much better quality and value than supermarket ones!) , water , microwave rice, coke and ribena.
Their rotisserie chicken is delicious so sometimes get those, the chops are great value too.
It’s great at Christmas to buy bulk for get togethers.
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List