Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 31 Aug 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Kirkland Toilet Rolls are excellent in value and quality, cat litter is much cheaper and we always buy Costco cooked chicken and muffins for DS for sandwiches etc at college.

Mrs S has just bought some Levi jeans at £36 per pair that are £80 elsewhere and I recently picked up some Callaway gold shirts for £15 each and the Callaway golf balls are excellent value at £28 for 2 dozen.

Lots of great value but you need to wait for the bargains and consider how much branded stuff is in Tesco etc before wading in and getting all your shopping in Costco IMO.

Fuel is also a no brainer for us as the price is always below our local garages/supermarkets.
Old 31 Aug 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
We have the executive membership too so the cash back on it pays for our membership each year and then some.
not looked into this, is there a rough amount you need to spend there a year to make upgrading to executive/cashback pay for itself? we generally go once or twice a month, and spend £150-300 per visit, would upgrading be worth it for us, or are you looking at needing to spend £500+ a month every month? (or something similar)
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

We got a new card a few months ago after not having one for years. So far we’ve bought the cooked chickens which are lovely and a tub of Old Bay seasoning. Also the fresh lemons last for ages a lot longer than and ones from the supermarket.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

We don’t have it to save money, it just facilitates the toilet roll purchase and also I like to have a look round sometimes (pre covid)
I actually use their online store mainly now and like to stock up goodies 2 or 3 times a year.

They don’t sell anything that’s poor quality, so we look there whenever we need something in particular to see if they have it. We have bought TV’s, vacuum, Mattresses, Tools amongst a few and don’t forget a bonus of having the card is that you can visit Costco in Florida 👍😎
The food court here is good, but in USA it’s amazing and very cheap.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
not looked into this, is there a rough amount you need to spend there a year to make upgrading to executive/cashback pay for itself? we generally go once or twice a month, and spend £150-300 per visit, would upgrading be worth it for us, or are you looking at needing to spend £500+ a month every month? (or something similar)
It’s £75 per year and you get 2% back. I shop there a lot so it pays for itself along with a little bonus.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
It’s £75 per year and you get 2% back. I shop there a lot so it pays for itself along with a little bonus.
Is fuel included in 2% thanks
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Why do they advertise the price in bold then put the actual price plus VAT in small writing. I kept thinking ‘oh thats a good price!’ Then realised it didn’t include VAT 😤
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

The blooming Dibb! Our membership lapsed during the year and because pennies were very very tight I had said no, we were not rejoining. Now look what you've all done! Only reminded me how good it is!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Why do they advertise the price in bold then put the actual price plus VAT in small writing. I kept thinking ‘oh thats a good price!’ Then realised it didn’t include VAT 😤
Because that is standard in wholesale warehouses. Their trade customers can reclaim the VAT on business purchases.
Old 1 Sep 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post

Just got this with my renewal (even though I already have exec)
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List