Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 Sep 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by PEAB View Post
I seem to be having this exact problem. Booked by Alamo Brits but now when I try to cancel on their website it states I booked through a third party and to go through them.

I called up the UK based 0800 number and was told they would send a message to the America side asking for a refund and it would take 7-10 working days. That was on 19th August and nothing since. The email seems to have come through Enterprise (EHI) so I don't know if they manage the European side of Alamo?

Either way - still no money back. Used Alamo on my last visit no problem but not impressed by this.

May have to start going the card route.
I know rubbish isn’t it. I’m no further forward. If you receive the refund will you update, I’m going to leave it a week and try again.
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PEAB
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Cinderellas View Post
I know rubbish isn’t it. I’m no further forward. If you receive the refund will you update, I’m going to leave it a week and try again.
Ya I will do. I emailed them again today (the Enterprise Customer Service people that emailed me) and they have messaged to say they have chased it with the US team and it will be processed in one working day but may then still take a further 9 days to reach my account as it’s an international refund. We shall see.

By that point my rental period will be well underway so hopefully that doesn’t cause issues. However i have this email audit trail which I can now use to be arsey if it does. Disappointing service really but hopefully it gets resolved. AutoEurope refunded my last hire in an instant.
PEAB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Sorry for the lateness... Email Brett with the Strathearn/Alamo refund issue and he'll resolve. He's aware of this problem: Brett.Warrener@ehi.com

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Sorry for the lateness... Email Brett with the Strathearn/Alamo refund issue and he'll resolve. He's aware of this problem: Brett.Warrener@ehi.com
Thank you so much Andy. That’s very kind of you. I’ll email him now
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Refund on my credit card today and that’s without having to email! Took longer than expected though so will think twice about using them again ☹️. Now to look for a car in May but will be going through auto Europe
Old 6 Sep 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Refund on my credit card today and that’s without having to email! Took longer than expected though so will think twice about using them again ☹️. Now to look for a car in May but will be going through auto Europe
I check all of the Companies a lot. For April thru to June Andy did me a great deal from his offline offers. With Hertz as well.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I check all of the Companies a lot. For April thru to June Andy did me a great deal from his offline offers. With Hertz as well.
Oooh yes I will try Andy didn’t think of that. Thanks 😊
Old 9 Sep 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Top Bombing
Staying in the Castle

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Thank you very much Andy!

I had a similar problem, I cancelled the Car Hire in July and was told a refund would be forthcoming. After much chasing, still no refund!

I emailed Brett, the issue was resolved a couple of hours later, and a full refund received this morning.

TheDIBB and Andy to the rescue once again!
Top Bombing is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

I think a lot of the car companies are similar with regard to refunds. I cancelled with AE and it took five weeks to get the refund paid.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by tiggers friend View Post
I think a lot of the car companies are similar with regard to refunds. I cancelled with AE and it took five weeks to get the refund paid.
When was that? I cancelled with Auto Europe in April 2020 and got my refund immediately. Maybe things changed in the meantime.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List