Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Sep 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

would this be a problem

staying at orange lake next time we visit, and we wont have a car so will be using uber/lyft to get to the disney parks. now been a tight yorkshire man I notice we back onto disney animal kingdom lodge. could we uber here then use the disney buses to get around?
Old 5 Sep 21, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
adz_jh
Proud to wear my Ears

In theory yes, but having stayed at orange lake a couple if times now and used Uber to get to the parks a fair few times... The price to get anywhere on Disney property with Uber is pretty cheap and the few dollars you'd save by going to animal kingdom and using their busses isn't worth it imo over the time you'd lose
adz_jh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Yea you can do this, i did it once ataying near AKL but visiting MK, but to be honest wasnt worth the bother for the few dollars saved. X
Old 6 Sep 21, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Lol I love the planning commitment at 709 days out. I’d say if you were really desperate and wanted to go to Disney Springs, maybe, but I’d have to be on my last few dollars to want to detour, stand around in the heat again waiting for a bus after already being on ‘our way there’ once already. Lyft and Uber is really cheap especially if you sign in with Lyft just before you go on holiday you get huge % discounts for first 5 rides or first week etc
As others have said, it’s really not worth it- no matter how tight a Yorkshire grip you have on that wallet 😂
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Theoretically it's fine to do this but there's no direct road between the two so driving wise, you're not really next door. So by the time the driver loops around and back towards AKL, you would have been nearly at the other parks other than MK. The fare difference between doing this and going directly to say Hollywood Studios is about $2.

But if you want to save every penny, I would actually Uber to Al Star Sports instead of AKL. It's about the same driving distance but you'll end up slightly closer to the parks. And the big McDonalds if you fancy a cheap takeaway.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

OK point taken, I will stop been as tight as a ducks, direct to the parks apart from MK it is 😂
Old 6 Sep 21, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

In theory in the past yes but not worth it! Plus weren't they saying at some point recently there is a possibility of stopping non Disney hotel guests using the free Disney transport? Which would be no surprise as they are advertised as a perk of staying on Disney property after all.