Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Sep 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

I'm sure DFCH-Andy can confirm but i'm sure last year he confirmed that there is peak times and if you book up to 15th Aug you get the peak surcharge for the full booking, so if needing to hire on 13/14/15th kind of time, then check if it's cheaper to split it and return it and then re-collect from 16th for the rest of the holiday to get the cheaper rate

Prices are currently extortionate for next august! I was told this was due to car hire places keeping the stock lower in the pandemic as they were just sitting there with no rentals - hopefully if they start to increase the stock again prices will shift on a downwards trend... here is hoping!
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MonstersFAN
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for the tip!

MCO to MCO in November 2021 £1180 compact - 14 days

Hard Rock Hotel to MCO same time £462 for a full size

Cheers!
Old 21 Sep 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
EwoodCSI
Getting Excited

Just booked full size 24/6/22 Cabana Bay, Universal to 17/7/22 return to MCO. In current climate for a fantastic £610! 👍

This was through Holiday Autos, 10% discount.

Thank you so much for the information on pick-up location. 👊 I hope this is helpful for others.

Caroline & Dave
EwoodCSI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mykeyb
Gone all Goofy

Thanks for the info, Prices for next year were looking bleak, but I just took the plunge and booked Flights, car hire and hotel via the BA sale, and it knocked £1800 off the price of the booking by booking an initial 1 day rental from the airport and swapping the car at HRH for the remaining 23 days.
mykeyb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
nige106
A Guest at All-Stars

We've booked car hire on previous States Holidays. Usually Alamo. Now booking for next year and prices appear a lot higher than expected. Seeing others quotes I wondered what I'm missing.

Previously we had a convertible Mustang for around £650 for 2 weeks in Florida. Then about £750 for a Dodge Challenger on the west coast with different collection and pickup points. Pre the joys of children. Lol.

This year we're looking at 20/07/2022 until 10/08/2022 from and to MCO for around £1100 for a regular fullsize from Sixt.

If people collect from elsewhere how do you get to and from the airport and then to the car collection?
nige106 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We're flying into Tampa in January, and yesterday could get the deals people have referred to, eg collect at Marriott Waterside and return to the airport at a fraction of the cost. This morning, these deals have disappeared from the sites I normally check .

I have a back up 'just in case' cancellable booking, that's a good deal better than offered on most sites, but I'm still hoping for an improvement
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Deano
Imagineer

Deano's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by nige106 View Post
We've booked car hire on previous States Holidays. Usually Alamo. Now booking for next year and prices appear a lot higher than expected. Seeing others quotes I wondered what I'm missing.

Previously we had a convertible Mustang for around £650 for 2 weeks in Florida. Then about £750 for a Dodge Challenger on the west coast with different collection and pickup points. Pre the joys of children. Lol.

This year we're looking at 20/07/2022 until 10/08/2022 from and to MCO for around £1100 for a regular fullsize from Sixt.

If people collect from elsewhere how do you get to and from the airport and then to the car collection?
Just booking an Uber, prices estimates seem to be around $40 from Airport to big Tourist spots.
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by EwoodCSI View Post
Just booked full size 24/6/22 Cabana Bay, Universal to 17/7/22 return to MCO. In current climate for a fantastic £610! 👍

This was through Holiday Autos, 10% discount.

Thank you so much for the information on pick-up location. 👊 I hope this is helpful for others.
Thank you, thank you, thank you . At last a sensible price!
Old 23 Sep 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

Thank you so much for this tip. We booked a BA fly drive and selected picking up car on day 1 from Hard Rock rather than airport & saved a small fortune. 13 days car hire cost me £250 more than flights only in the end! Can’t believe it. Still returning to airport. We’ll just Uber when we arrive, stay close to Hard Rock on first night and walk over in the morning.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

I am going to look into this? We are looking at doing universal for a few nights so can we pick the car up from any hotel and how much would a taxi be from mco to the hotel?
Thanks

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List