Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 21, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingUgly
Proud to wear my Ears

Any guesses is the Belfast route likely to retain the a330-200? It’s what’s scheduled but seeing as MAN and EDI are probably going to change I’m wondering what the score will be over here!
SleepingUgly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Supposed to be on one of these in November if we can go but the two left in the fleet are currently stored at MAN. I'm guessing these are ready to be put back into service as soon as the flights are allowed.

Fingers crossed
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Watching with interest as we are flying July 30th from MAN. Currently showing A330-200.

What usually happens to existing seat selections when they change a plane? Do VA contact customers and advise them to check and rebook seats if needed?
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
Watching with interest as we are flying July 30th from MAN. Currently showing A330-200.

What usually happens to existing seat selections when they change a plane? Do VA contact customers and advise them to check and rebook seats if needed?
In my experience - no. This has happened to us a few times over the years and we have never been contacted, which is why I always check our booking regularly. Sometimes they rearrange seating ok and on some occasions we have been scattered over the cabin.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
In my experience - no. This has happened to us a few times over the years and we have never been contacted, which is why I always check our booking regularly. Sometimes they rearrange seating ok and on some occasions we have been scattered over the cabin.
Ah okay. Thanks! Wow, I’ve missed all this planning, checking, searching and dibbing! 🤣
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

What will be used from Manchester in December? I have showing the 330-200 in my app.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
What will be used from Manchester in December? I have showing the 330-200 in my app.
Hey, this is only a semi-educated guess but I would suggest you will be on the A330-200.

There are suggestions that the A330-200 will not fly again and will be retired before passengers start moving, but as they are based in Manchester I would be surprised for the remainder of the year for these to remain.

The 1st 2 of the A350's leisure routes will arrive December and April, which will go first to LHR (hopefully 2nd will come up to MAN), and somewhere from getting the 1st of these deliveries and the 2nd we will see the A330-200 retirements.

However, I would always recommend checking the seat plan for your flight regularly.
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Hey, this is only a semi-educated guess but I would suggest you will be on the A330-200.

There are suggestions that the A330-200 will not fly again and will be retired before passengers start moving, but as they are based in Manchester I would be surprised for the remainder of the year for these to remain.

The 1st 2 of the A350's leisure routes will arrive December and April, which will go first to LHR (hopefully 2nd will come up to MAN), and somewhere from getting the 1st of these deliveries and the 2nd we will see the A330-200 retirements.

However, I would always recommend checking the seat plan for your flight regularly.
We're due to be on the A330-200 from LHR to MCO in November, is it still likely to be that if they're both in Manchester?
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by popsiwinkle View Post
We're due to be on the A330-200 from LHR to MCO in November, is it still likely to be that if they're both in Manchester?
Apparently both remaining A332s are in Manchester and inactive:

G-VLNM
G-VWND

Seems in November there is only 1 flight scheduled from MAN per day. Whether this is a normal 'winter' schedule or due to the current climate.

Therefore 1 could easily be positioned to LHR to run the other service with A333, and once G-VEVE enters the fleet in December the A332 will either be scrapped or move back to MAN.

However, I would always recommend checking the seat map as Virgin will surely be updating their schedules over the coming weeks with hopefully normal service resuming.
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

The a330-200 are nearly 20years old now so are ready for finishing so would expect back into service until newer planes are bought
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List