Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
WDTC bookings?

If you amend a hotel & ticket booking (add on an extra night for example) do you have to cancel and rebook or will they keep the same booking (and original offers) assuming availability of course.
Booking with the UK company is all new to me 😅
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

They will keep the original,booking if there is availability .
Done it multiple times , ( changed dates / hotels etc ) never had an issue .

Jules
signtalker is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

No, you don't have to rebook. Just give them a call to amend your existing booking. All offers and terms will remain from your original booking, as long as there is availability.

If you're adding an extra night at the start of your stay rather than the end, the only thing to watch out for is that the new arrival date is valid for the offer. Mentioning this as your countdown puts you travelling in April and most of it is blacked out for Easter. Earliest check-in date is the 24th to qualify. So if you're looking to arrive on the 23rd, I would do a cheap night off-site and transfer first thing the next morning.

Edited at 04:09 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
No, you don't have to rebook. Just give them a call to amend your existing booking. All offers and terms will remain from your original booking, as long as there is availability.

If you're adding an extra night at the start of your stay rather than the end, the only thing to watch out for is that the new arrival date is valid for the offer. Mentioning this as your countdown puts you travelling in April and most of it is blacked out for Easter. Earliest check-in date is the 24th to qualify. So if you're looking to arrive on the 23rd, I would do a cheap night off-site and transfer first thing the next morning.
Adding at the end instead of transferring elsewhere 👍
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
Adding at the end instead of transferring elsewhere 👍
Perfect, should be all fine as long as there's availablity in the same room category for the additional dates.

I'm booked in December on the first day the offer becomes available that month so thought it was worth mentioning blackouts, I know I can't amend any earlier unless I'm willing to lose the offer. Fully prepared to stay offsite (or even room only if I get a good price) for a night or two before changing resorts if it works out best for flights.

Edited at 04:22 PM.
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks both. Wanted to make sure I wouldn't lose out on the higher value gift card 🙂
Had wanted to rent DVC for a few nights but not feeling confident enough to pay out that much up front for a non refundable booking
Old 13 Sep 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Our experience (all pre covid mind you), has been that it's treated as if you'd booked what you want to change to at the time you originally booked.
I know there are limits, but we've never run into them, and it sounds like you probably won't. I think the limits are things like when an offer is very limited, and you want to move it to a hotel or dates that were never part of the original offering. A couple of days here or there to suit flights is normal and plenty of dibbers do it this way.

We had a choice of 2 hotels in an offer, chose Caribbean Beach, later decided we should have gone for Coronado, and it was not problem. Even though the offer was no longer available, we got what we'd have got if we'd booked Coronado Springs in the first place. We've done it where we move dates by a day or two in the same hotel as well.

They used to charge a £50 amendment fee, but waive it if the change meant the price went up, but not sure if this is still the case as sadly it's been a couple of years since we looked. I know some dibbers book 1 person 1 room, to secure it and ensure the price goes up. We always booked what we hoped would be ok in the first place.
Old 13 Sep 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
They used to charge a £50 amendment fee, but waive it if the change meant the price went up, but not sure if this is still the case as sadly it's been a couple of years since we looked. I know some dibbers book 1 person 1 room, to secure it and ensure the price goes up. We always booked what we hoped would be ok in the first place.
All amendments are currently free, even if the price goes down. Although I still recommend the 1 person method to reduce the amount of your deposit if you think there's any chance of cancellation from your side.
Old 13 Sep 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
All amendments are currently free, even if the price goes down. Although I still recommend the 1 person method to reduce the amount of your deposit if you think there's any chance of cancellation from your side.
In the T&Cs I got with my booking it says they will charge an amendment fee if the price reduces?
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
In the T&Cs I got with my booking it says they will charge an amendment fee if the price reduces?
Yes, these are the standard T&Cs and for some reason they didn't update that section for the 2022 offer. However it's clearly advertised on the website...

I've already amended my 2022 booking twice without any fees, including the price going down, so can also confirm they're not charging them.

Edited at 06:25 PM.