Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Sep 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Anyone else can't go to WDW for years but wish they could?

I follow these forums to live farcarisly through everyone else planning their WDW holidays.

I was planning on going next year but plans have changed and due to several circumstances, looks like my family won't be going until 2026.

We are buying our first house next year and I realistically think that needs to come first so less focus on Disney. Then theres covid and the worry about things changing. It really does come down to money and that it is so expensive.

I follow all the updates from Disney on Insta and wish I was there. Is there anyone else who can't go for 2/3/4/5 years etc for your own reasons and just dream/price/pretend book all the time?
theotherblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Oh yes I know what you mean.

We haven’t been since 2016, we were meant to go in 2019 but delayed that to 2020 to coincide with my 50th birthday year.
What a mistake that was 😭

It’s our 30th wedding anniversary next year and we have a cruise booked with friends for that and then another cruise for later on in the summer so it’s going to be at least 2023 for us, possibly 2024 depending on costs.

I love watching all the vloggers on YouTube and Instagram, I know I’m torturing myself at the same time, but I can’t stop it haha 😂

Hopefully the time will fly in, and isn’t planning half the fun?
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I’m one. I want to go for my 60th in 24. We had to move holidays to next year so will have to be later .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theotherblonde View Post
I follow these forums to live farcarisly through everyone else planning their WDW holidays.

I was planning on going next year but plans have changed and due to several circumstances, looks like my family won't be going until 2026.

We are buying our first house next year and I realistically think that needs to come first so less focus on Disney. Then theres covid and the worry about things changing. It really does come down to money and that it is so expensive.

I follow all the updates from Disney on Insta and wish I was there. Is there anyone else who can't go for 2/3/4/5 years etc for your own reasons and just dream/price/pretend book all the time?
This forum gives a twisted view on how often people travel to Florida. The majority of the UK population does not have a Florida holiday every year or even every 5 years, this is a selective audience.

Congratulations on getting your priorities in the right order, I suspect you are young and have many years for holidays. Buy your house and enjoy it, get a firm financial base and work from there.

Good luck with house hunting, we look back with great memories to UK holidays we had while working hard to find a deposit and pay the early years of our mortgage.

When you can get to Florida you will enjoy it more for knowing how hard you have worked for it
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde

I really feel for you but your cruise sounds amazing!

By 2026 by son will be 5 years old and I think it will be better for him by then. Theres a slight chance we might get in 2023/24 but that is yet to be decided.

Your right planning is half the fun. I am thinking of just saving a small amount every month towards it and then maybe make it a 3 week trip for when we finally get to go.

I was last there in 2007 so my husband has never been. We could go to the one in Paris but I am even scared to book that with all the requirements for just a 4 day trip.

It does fly in. Last year I was looking at dates for this year/next year and a whole year has passed already just like that.

I hope you get to go back soon
theotherblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
This forum gives a twisted view on how often people travel to Florida. The majority of the UK population does not have a Florida holiday every year or even every 5 years, this is a selective audience.

Congratulations on getting your priorities in the right order, I suspect you are young and have many years for holidays. Buy your house and enjoy it, get a firm financial base and work from there.

Good luck with house hunting, we look back with great memories to UK holidays we had while working hard to find a deposit and pay the early years of our mortgage.

When you can get to Florida you will enjoy it more for knowing how hard you have worked for it
Thank you so much for your kind words. I think your right it would be hard to go every year and then you could never really go to other destinations perhaps.

I am 34 and just had my first baby six months ago. My mat leave ends in 1 week and just got a new job. I need to be responsible and especially keep my bank accounts clean for when applying for a mortgage. Buying the house takes like 2 years because we reserve the plot next year and then its ready 9 months later so thats like 2023 before we would even move in and then start to decorate/buy furniture etc.

Thanks for everyone's responses, its good to know I am not alone. I had Sept 2022 booked but then had to cancel due to personal circumstances so being sensible and waiting.

I keep telling myself Disney has been around for 50 years so it is not going anywhere.
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

There were twenty years between my second and third WDW trips and I didn't go anywhere for ten years of that time for financial reasons. Now, in my late 50s, I really appreciate my holidays now I'm able to afford them.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
There were twenty years between my second and third WDW trips and I didn't go anywhere for ten years of that time for financial reasons. Now, in my late 50s, I really appreciate my holidays now I'm able to afford them.
We were the same as Donaldfan - with a young family and starting out, we didn’t go on holiday at all for ten years, never mind to WDW

You will enjoy it all the more when you get there
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Me. I too live through others' trip reports and vloggers YouTube posts and, to be honest, that's fine. It looks like it will be 2025 or so before we go again, when we both retire, but at least it's something to look forward to; all the building work and renovations should be done by then; and all the travel shenanigans might be settled by then. Florida will always be there when you're ready. x
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve just cancelled our October 2021 trip, haven’t been since 2017 and to be honest I’m not planning to return within the next 5 years, we have all our holidays planned for next few years and my children are adults now so think I will wait until we have grandchildren before we plan another trip, I have family and friends with trips planned for next year and when I see all their planning I think oh shall I just book a trip but there is so much more to the world than Florida, my children have been 6 times and they still say their favourite holidays are Mexico and New York 😩😩😩
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List