Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Oct 21, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

Tips for getting Space 220 ADR

As the title really

Travelling 22/12/21 to 6/1/22

My son is desperate to go to Space 220 but typically on our 5th booking we are no longer on Disney property! Unfortunately got priced out after change after change.

Trying to see how people get Space 220 on a 60 day window, possible?

Cheers
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Well I would probably do some expectation management and consider any reservations to be an unexpected bonus as chances are quite slim.

I have not tried with Space 220 obviously, but in the past with hard to get reservations I have firstly utilised the extra booking window for onsite guests, when that is no longer available I have used the TouringPlans reservation finder and my final route has been looking for last minute cancellations, of which there is usually some even of the most popular restaurants.

I have no idea how well the Touring Plans reservation finder is working these days. In the past it was pretty good at finding slots but you have to act very quickly once there is an alert, I would say I missed 8 out of 10 alerts because they mainly happened in the middle of the night. But it is worth a shot.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

You could try a walk up for the lounge if all else fails.

Had no joy with TP reservation finder as although they found reservations it was usually in the middle of the night 😥
Old 26 Oct 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

I pretty much have written any chance of an ADR for Space 220 for my (Hopeful) Nov29th visit to Epcot.

Upon park opening I am going to make a beeline to Space 220 and see if I can try my arm with a reservation at anypoint for the day, or try and get a lounge walk up. The latter is probably the best chance, and to be honest maybe be a blessing with the menu choice.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I think the issue with 220 is that it's a small dining area to begin with but I believe it's only the lower area that is the restaurant, with the upper area being for the lounge. So that's not many tables available on ADR.

I would get there for park open and put your name on the lounge walk up list. Think the lounge menu looks better anyway, and is cheaper than the prix fixe.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

Cheers everyone!
It’s a very small thing really in the grand scheme as still can’t believe we may actually get there!
I’ll keep trying everyday and if all fails get there at opening
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I think the issue with 220 is that it's a small dining area to begin with but I believe it's only the lower area that is the restaurant, with the upper area being for the lounge. So that's not many tables available on ADR.

I would get there for park open and put your name on the lounge walk up list. Think the lounge menu looks better anyway, and is cheaper than the prix fixe.
Thanks for this tip. I'd like to try this, but not fussed about the main menu, especially as there are 4 of us. I didn't know there was a list that you could add your name to for the lounge, but I do now

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Thinking of doing this also. The menu looks pricey for what you get. Without DDP we are going to try making more use of lounges generally.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Thanks for this tip. I'd like to try this, but not fussed about the main menu, especially as there are 4 of us. I didn't know there was a list that you could add your name to for the lounge, but I do now
The lounge is walk up only. I believe they're still doing a list with a return time rather than making you queue outside, but news on this has gone pretty quiet after the initial opening hype. Think it's a one and done for most people, even the vloggers.

But either way, the lounge is a good option over a full meal. Especially if you're mainly going for the experience over the food.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

I would deffo try a walk in if you don’t get booked, we never book as we never plan any 9/10 have been lucky with walk ins.
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List