Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Oct 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by corrinda View Post
Me to for Nov 30 but we have flight from newcastle to Heathrow and now we only have fifty mins to get on flight from Heathrow to mco luckily it’s all terminal five and we should have no luggage but cutting it fine
I have exactly the same for March and I phoned BA and changed to the earlier flight at 7.05 am on the same morning with no problem at all. The Minimum Connection for arriving and departing at T5 is 1 hour so you will be able to change free of charge. Please be proactive and contact them as the automated system may not pick up the change.

My booking is already amended, revalidated and the confirmation emailcame in minutes.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Ours has changed too. We now have 1 hour 45 minutes for our connection after our domestic flight lands at terminal 5 from Belfast. It's all one booking so our bags should go through but do we have to go through security again?
Originally Posted by dannigizmo View Post
Someone may come along that has experience with Belfast but certainly when we go via any London airport we have to go through security again but bags with BA are taken care off from first airport and dont see again till land and final destination.
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Just had a look and we will have to go through security again. I haven't done a connecting flight in over 20 years so it's as good as a new experience for me lol.
With a same terminal domestic to international connection at LHR on a single ticket, you do not have to reclear security. Arriving at T5 from Belfast (or any other UK airport), there should just be a boarding pass check and you will head straight into the airside departure area of T5A (your long haul flight will likely depart from one of the T5B or C satellites, but still no security required).

If the connection involves a terminal transfer (e.g. pre-pandemic, the BA Miami flights operated from T3), then you have to reclear security. This is due to the fact that LHR does not segregate domestic and international passengers for terminal transfers.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandofan
Imagineer

Had the same email for March 1st flight returning March 22nd
Old 6 Oct 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I had tpa-lgw 5th jan changed by about 10 mins today, I’ll fly home at 4am for all I care if it means I’ve been there on holiday!
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We didn’t get an email but I just logged into manage my booking and my return flight was highlighted red! Clicked on it and the departure time is still the same but apparently we arrive back to Heathrow 10 mins earlier. Slightly strange!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

In work yesterday, checked emails on phone. IMPORTANT etc. from BA. Thought , here we go, but just said 20th jan. 12.05 instead of 12.30, but am bewildered about the 10 minute earlier landing on way home
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
With a same terminal domestic to international connection at LHR on a single ticket, you do not have to reclear security. Arriving at T5 from Belfast (or any other UK airport), there should just be a boarding pass check and you will head straight into the airside departure area of T5A (your long haul flight will likely depart from one of the T5B or C satellites, but still no security required).

If the connection involves a terminal transfer (e.g. pre-pandemic, the BA Miami flights operated from T3), then you have to reclear security. This is due to the fact that LHR does not segregate domestic and international passengers for terminal transfers.
Thanks Peko for this... we have always been Glas- Gatwick so be nice to not have to go back through security in Dec when connecting via Heathrow.
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Our LGW-TPA flight on 13th December has now moved 3 times:
Original departure at 12.30 moved to 11.35, arriving at 16.30
Departure of 11.35 moved to 12.30, arriving at 17.25
Departure of 12.30 moved to 13.00, arriving at 17.55.

Not bothered at all as long as we’re on it!
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
In work yesterday, checked emails on phone. IMPORTANT etc. from BA. Thought , here we go, but just said 20th jan. 12.05 instead of 12.30, but am bewildered about the 10 minute earlier landing on way home
Different route across the Atlantic & expected weather pattern.

We’ve flown to & from TPA & MCO multiple times; some flights home have been as short as just over 7 hours, some have been over 8 hours.

Edited at 08:12 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Our LGW-TPA flight on 13th December has now moved 3 times:
Original departure at 12.30 moved to 11.35, arriving at 16.30
Departure of 11.35 moved to 12.30, arriving at 17.25
Departure of 12.30 moved to 13.00, arriving at 17.55.

Not bothered at all as long as we’re on it!
We’re LGW-TPA too on 22nd December and ours has moved from 11.35 to 10.25 which I was happy about because an extra hour of holiday 🎉.

But our return on 29th has moved from 18.25 to 17.20 so we’ll have to leave Orlando just after lunch. I tended to choose the later flight home on the return (anything around 8 pm preferably) when there were multiple flights a day so we could squeeze as much as possible out of the last day.

But yes, as long as we’re on the plane I’m not going to be complaining .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List