Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Oct 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

We are booked for Dec, we have 3 over 12s in 3 different schools and no word of vaccines yet... so much for schools getting sorted for October half term!

I wish kids could go to a walk in like 16yr olds
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

We are the same! Where about’s are you?
Schools 10 miles away seem to have things happening but my sons teacher said they are yet to hear anything
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by katy341 View Post
We are booked for Dec, we have 3 over 12s in 3 different schools and no word of vaccines yet... so much for schools getting sorted for October half term!

I wish kids could go to a walk in like 16yr olds
In Scotland we’ve had drop ins for 12-15s from the first weekend it was offered.

I hope you get appointments soon.
Old 10 Oct 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

We are north east eng...Teesside. it's crazy that different areas are doing different things
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We're in West London, DD 15 came home with the consent form 2 weeks ago but not heard anything since. DS 13 was offered his last week but he was off self isolating as he tested positive. Frustrating now, wish they would just get on with it! Although DD tested positive this morning, i'm so glad we don't have anything over seas booked till next year now!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
AlwaysWishing
Proud to wear my Ears

We are booked for July/August, our eldest is 15 (16 in Feb) and he's had his 1st dose as soon as they announced it.
AlwaysWishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Finnybobs112
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We’re booked for Aug 2022, originally 2020, then 2021. Dd will be 16 (April) & not had vaccine yet, DS 13 & had his a few weeks ago. They both go to the same school but for some reason they couldn’t vaccinate everyone apparently will let us know sometime in the future when other children will be vaccinated. Like others have said just wish we could go to a walk in appointment! Are 16yr olds expected to be double vaccinated? I’m not sure we’d be able to sort that in such a tight time frame (bd end of Apr, going beginning of Aug).
Finnybobs112 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Finnybobs112 View Post
We’re booked for Aug 2022, originally 2020, then 2021. Dd will be 16 (April) & not had vaccine yet, DS 13 & had his a few weeks ago. They both go to the same school but for some reason they couldn’t vaccinate everyone apparently will let us know sometime in the future when other children will be vaccinated. Like others have said just wish we could go to a walk in appointment! Are 16yr olds expected to be double vaccinated? I’m not sure we’d be able to sort that in such a tight time frame (bd end of Apr, going beginning of Aug).
At the moment 12-17yr old's can only get 1 jab bar a few exceptions. Worries me a bit for our 16yr old/Dec hol requirements.

She had her first jab 8weeks ago tomorrow so might try a walk in centre with her as she wants the 2nd
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

So an update from us - 17 year old son was booked in for his second jab next week, but we have now received an email telling us to cancel the appointment as he will be refused unless he falls into a certain criteria (vulnerable, working for NHS or evidence that he lives with someone vulnerable).

I rang them to see if I could rebook him for January when he would meet the 17years and 9 months requirement, but they said I’d have to wait until he reaches that age to book the appointment - so presumably that will mean he will be nearer 18 by the time I can get an appointment.

I understand these are the rules, but when we’ve been told there is an optimum time between vaccines, I now wish I hadn’t got him in for his first so quickly as he will have quite a large gap now between the two 😉
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

DS is 13 and we have heard nothing yet. As he has coeliac he is classed as a priority group and I received a txt from our GP inviting him to attend walk in clinics but these have now been postponed!
Have heard nothing since so don’t know when he’s likely to receive it!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List